Thursday, April 23, 2009

ARIZONA

I spent my Spring Break down in Phoenix with my brother Jeff. If he hadn't picked me up in his truck at the airport I probably would have walked by him. He has grown a full beard since I was in Phoenix back in January. I had a great time hanging out with him in the warm weather while Utah got hit with snowstorm after snowstorm.

The picture below was taken on top of Black Mountain near Cave Creek. I honestly didn't know we were hiking so I wasn't dressed very appropriately. Jeff left me in the dust. He is a freaking mountain goat. The view from the top was great. Cave Creek is probably my favorite part of Phoenix. There were so many cactus there and the town had a small town charm. Jeff was working on a house up there. I watched as he tore down a porch, exterior wall, and installed an eight foot door.

Our parents came down a few days after I arrived. Our first stop after picking them up was the Tee Pee. This is my dad's favorite restaurant. Most of us order the Presidential Special (two cheese enchiladas with rice and beans) if you are ever there you should try it out.

This is Jeff loading up his trailer one day up in Cave Creek. He bought it a few months ago and loves it because it dumps with the push of a button. I made two trips to the dump with him. Going to the dump was definately an educational experience.

We went to a Diamondbacks game. It was my first Major League Baseball game. The Diamondbacks lost to the Rockies. I loved the atmosphere at Chase Field. I will definately go back again.

After the game we went to a movie and then got some good BBQ at Lucielle's. We ordered the family special which came with two racks of ribs, a full chicken, four sides, and biscuits. It was SO GOOD.

I love going to visit Jeff. Jeff is an optimist and you can't help but be optimistic when you are with him. He is a dreamer and makes others believe that no dream is impossible. Jeff lives each day of his life like it is Christmas morning. I hope that when I "grow" up I will be like Jeff. Thanks for an awesome Spring Break!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Sounds like an awesome trip - I LOVE that picture of the cactus with the sun gleaming right at the camera. LOVE IT!

I really miss your fam, Suz. I need to get my buns up to UT again. But then I wouldn't get to see Jeff. . . It has been a million years since I've see him!!!

Sarah Preston said...

I had no idea that Jeff was growing a beard. I would have probably walked past him as well.
mmm...the Tee Pee has the best food. I need to go to Arizona soon!

Mike Spendlove said...

Hey, it looks like you had a great time in Phoenix. I love the cactus pics... classic Southwest US.

I've also been to the dump a few times... in Salt Lake and Houston. It is an educational experience; I've learned I want as little to do with the garbage industry as possible!

BTW, thanks for the comments on my blog, it's always fun to hear from people.