
I checked something else off of my bucket list this past weekend. I went for a ride in a hot air balloon. It was AMAZING! I had butterflies in my stomach from the moment I woke up at 5:25 AM. We met our pilot and crew up in Park City at 6:30 AM. They drove us to a gravel parking lot where Melissa and Jenn helped get the balloon inflated.



We jumped in the basket and were ready to go. The basket held 10 passengers and the pilot. You may recognize some of my fellow adventure seekers (Melissa, Anne, Katie, Jenn, and Rhenn).

It was cold when we first took off but these burners definately warmed us up. I loved the ride it felt like floating.





This is a golf course that we floated over. My question, why was no one golfing?



This was our pilot, Logan. I think all six single girls in the basket had a little bit of a crush on this guy. Tall, dark, handsome, adventurous, athletic, pilot...hmm.

Logan brought us down inches from the water in this pond.


We landed in the parking lot near the center of this photo. We had to bend our knees like we were skiing and lean back. The landing was smoother than I anticipated.



After we landed we listened to the Balloonist's prayer and toasted with a glass of sparkling cider. Thanks Melissa for putting this whole adventure together.
The Winds have Welcomed you with softness. The Sun has blessed you with his warm hands. You have flown so high and so well that God has joined you in your laughter and set you gently back again into the loving arms of Mother Earth
3 comments:
FUN!!!
THIS IS on MY BUCKET LIST TOO!!!!
I am so jealous
So, you're pretty much amazing. By the way I'm a goofball -- I thought the balloon was tied down by rope and you went up and then came back down. Instead, you really had an adventure!
Post a Comment