
The Fourth of July is absolutely my favorite holiday. I love BBQ, pool parties, hiking, root beer floats, and fireworks. Last year I was hiking
Cinque Terre in Italy. This year I was hiking behind Ensign Peak. (Technically it was July 3rd because Utah does not celebrate on Sunday) Seth and I invited Jeff, Tawnya, and Beth along. Our plan was to get over the ridge so that we could see the fireworks in North Salt Lake. We didn't quite make it that far and at the last minute stopped at the 3rd Radar Station so that we could watch all of the fireworks in the Salt Lake Valley. We probably saw about 10 different shows. My favorite part was the little picnic that Seth packed in. We had sparkling white and red grape juice, cheese, crackers, tarts, artisan bread, and licorice. If we are in Utah next year, we plan to make it all the way over the ridge.

1 comment:
FUN!! And yum - your honey sure knows how to pack a picnic! Can't wait to see you next week!
Post a Comment