Seth volunteered to go camping with the Boy Scouts on Friday Night. They went to Unicoi State Park in Georgia. They stayed in the Squirrel's nest campground as shown below...except all of the leaves were on the ground rather than up in the trees. This site contains 16 hillside platforms that sleep 4 people each. We would love to take visitors back for a night of camping here.
The next day after packing up camp they stopped in Helen, Georgia. Seth showed me a few postcards and told me I would love the place. I think I would, one website described Helen as a " re-creation of an alpine village complete with cobblestone alleys and old-world towers." During the Summer visitors come to float the river and enjoy the quaint atmosphere. It looks like it has pretty sweet Christmas decorations too. Sorry all of these pictures are pulled from the internet...Seth left his camera battery charging on the counter.
While Seth was away I decided to get started on gifts for our neighbors co-workers. I dipped 140 Oreos in mint chocolate. Then I made my first ever attempt at Gingerbread Man Cookies. I pulled out my America's Test Kitchen cookbook and found a recipe that claimed to make the perfect soft and chewy cookies. I can know vouch that those claims are true. As I took my first bite I was reminded of Nana's gingersnaps cookies. The recipe recommended mixing the dough up in the food processor rather than the mixer. I was a little skeptical but am know a believer. Then I rolled out the dough, popped it into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes and then cut out my gingerbread men. I may or may not have used a gingerbread cookie cutter ornament of Seth's. Don't worry it is back up on the tree.
The next day I mixed up some frosting and decorated the little guys. Seth was greeted by more than one smiling face when he got home.
Seth also made chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels and chocolate covered walnuts to add to our gifts.



3 comments:
Jeez girl! You have been busy. I love those dipped cookies.
Cute gingerbread men!!
do sister in laws count as friends and neighbors? JK -- they just look so yummy. I don't know how you two are ever going to stay skinny....
Post a Comment