Friday, August 9, 2013

A Blessing

Phin's blessing day is a day I have been waiting for with great anticipation since I married Seth.  Each time I saw a baby blessed at church I couldn't help but picture Seth someday taking our children in his arms to give them a name and a blessing.  Phin was blessed on July 28th and it was really a dream come true for me.  Phin wore the outfit that Seth was blessed in and it fit him like a glove.  I was able to find the picture below and take a similar picture of our Phin...I think these two look an awful lot alike.



Unfortunately I forgot to get a family picture of us that day...but I managed to get a make-up picture the following week when our nephew James was blessed.





We also took a picture of both boys in their blessing outfits.



Following Phin's blessing we had a little luncheon in the park.









Seth organized a geocaching scavenger hunt for the kids.  My mom commented that all the nieces and nephews appeared to be following Seth around like he was the Pied Piper.







Phin slept through most of the luncheon.


His cousin Eliza also made an appearance.





We ran out of cups near the end of the party.  Here is a picture of Jeff kindly helping Max get some water from the cooler.

 
We also took a picture of James and Phin with their Aunt Sarah and their cousin still in utero.






Philip brought a water balloon launcher which was a great hit with the kids.  Here is a shot right after Benny launched his balloon.

 

A huge thank you to all of our family and friends that attended Phin's blessing.  We are so fortunate to have your love and support.  It was wonderful to be surrounded by all of you on Phin's special day.

1 comment:

Jamie Hatch said...

I totally think he looks like Seth, I was even thinking of that picture on Phin's blessing day and how similar they were, maybe its the outfit... but I think its more.