Monday, November 4, 2013

Phin's First Halloween

This year was by far my favorite Halloween.  I think a huge reason for that is Phin...it is fun to experience holidays and traditions through his eyes.  On Monday night we got around to making our Haunted Gingerbread (Graham Cracker) House.  Seth was a good sport and humored me in this tradition.  He made all the cuts for our gingerbread house and did a great job of designing the house.


I cemented the house together and then we decorated the house together.  My favorite part was Mr Bones on the side.


On Halloween I took Phin into Seth's work around lunch.  We did some reverse trick or treating and took treats to many of Seth's co-workers.  Then Phin and I visited the school that I worked at last year.  We took treats to the students in the Functional Skills unit and read them our favorite Halloween book Big Pumpkin.  Seth's work sent everyone home early so he was able to go trick or treating with us along Main Street in Bountiful.  We even headed over to Smith's Marketplace for free doughnuts and cider.  When we got back we took some photos of our little alligator and all of his loot.


Phin kindly donated his candy to us...Seth calls it the Goblin tax and is seriously thinking about writing a children's book about just that.  


The teacher of the functional skills unit spoiled Phin with two new Halloween shirts and some Halloween socks.   Below are a few of pictures of Phin sporting his "My First Halloween" shirt.




When we got home we popped our Papa Murphy's Jack-O-Lantern pizza in the oven.  Phin decided he wanted to wear both of his Halloween shirts and pooped all over his first.  So we changed him into his "Peek-A-Boo" shirt and let him have his first taste of Halloween with a lick of a tootsie pop.  Happy Halloween!




4 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

So did he like the treat?

Rachelle said...

Cute!!! Such a fun first Halloween for Phin!

Unknown said...

Love the Goblin Tax idea. That's hilarious!

Mary said...

His poses are too cute. I like how he "decided" to wear both shirts! We tried the goblin tax but the bigger boys caught on -- "No taxation without representation," they tried to say.