Phin's personality seems to really be showing more and more and it is fun to see him come into his own. He is talking a lot more, climbing a little higher and growing up too fast. He loves animals...but for the most part wants to view them from a safe distance.
He has become a master at waving on command. He will even blow kisses pretty freely...but he is still stingy with the bumps.
Phin discovered a love for grapes and rice this month. I made rice-a-roni one night and you would have thought this kid had a hollow leg by the amount of rice he ate. He also surprised us and ate a little sloppy joe meat and a little taco meat...I was starting to think he was a vegetarian. He has an innate sense for when I am eating something delicious. If I dish up ice cream he will say "spoon" and run to the drawer to get his own spoon so that he won't miss out on any of the deliciousness.
Phin is an independent kid. He is starting to want to do everything himself. He feeds himself...tries to dress himself, wants to walk by himself, etc.
One of my favorite Phin moments this month happened on our way to church. We decided to ride Seth's scooter over to our ward. We got off the scooter and Phin was headed towards the door of the church. He was walking on the sidewalk which is directly next to parking lot. A car started pulling into a spot and Phin spread his legs and lifted his arm up like he was a super hero and said "stop." I think he was quite disappointed when his superhero move had no result. Don't worry kid...we still think you are super...and that maybe you have been watching too many superhero shows with Dad.
Phin loves to be outside. He says "ice" (his version of outside) when he wants to go outside. He understands immediately when we say "let's go outside." I seriously have to drag him inside most days. He loved being at Grandma Jo's house in Cache Valley where he played all day outside while Seth worked in their yard.
We are having a pretty great time discovering the world through Phin's eyes. We love you Phinner!
1 comment:
I can't believe he'll be 2 in a month! I love that he can spot good food. You're raising him well!
Post a Comment