Sunday, October 25, 2015

September

I spent a lot of time nesting in September...it was an urge that I didn't feel with Phin.  I think I didn't want to jinx anything back then.  I also didn't have a toddler running around...so this time I felt like I needed to be a little more prepared.  I may have driven Seth crazy with all of my requests but he humored me.  One of the biggest projects was getting all of the unpacked boxes out of Millie's room, the crib moved in, etc.  Although Millie hasn't even slept in her room...it made me feel better to know that she could.  My mom made a beautiful quilt for Millie that will be a forever treasure.  I love the pattern and all of the colors that it contains.  I was able to find a matching crib bumper at the DownEast Clearance Center.


I also spent a day at my mom's making some burp clothes.   A friend of hers gave her bags of flannel pieces.  The pieces weren't quite big enough to make a full burp cloth but my Mom had the brilliant idea of piecing them together.  I love how they turned out.


One day Phin and I were out running errands.  We had been to Smith's, Costco and then picked up some peaches from a local stand.  On our way home we drove by this little car on the curb that had a free sign stuck to it.  Phin's face totally lit up when he saw me put it in the car.  We came home and he spent quite a bit of time cruising around our backyard.  I showed him how he could pretend to fill it up with gas using our garden hose...he was in love.


Phin got to spend some time with James and Andrew one Friday up at Nona's.  They sat this way on the couch all on their own.


We signed Phin up for a Home Depot Clinic.  They made a football toss game.  Phin got to hit with a hammer and paint...he was in heaven.



We had a BBQ down in Utah County with Seth's family over Labor Day weekend.  It was windy but not quite windy enough for the kite to stay up.  Phin had a lovely time playing with his cousins.

We found the Clemson football costume we had at my mom's house.  Phin was delighted to wear a helmet.



Seth built a box in our backyard that he jumps on to improve his vertical jump.  Phin loves to go out and "jump" with Daddy.  You can see his little boxes off to the side.


We had an amazing weekend before Millie was born.  We spent Saturday working in the yard.  I got all of the weeds in the flowerbeds pulled and Seth got the lawn mowed and edged.  Then we headed to Krispy Kreme for a dozen free doughnuts for talk like a pirate day.  It was a long line...



We probably waited for over an hour.  Seth has vowed never to return with me...so if anyone wants to come next year there is an opening!  After our long wait we headed up the canyon for a picnic and to enjoy the Fall colors.  That evening we watched the new Cinderella movie and The Age of Adeline.  

We welcomed Millie into the world on September 21st.  Seth's mom always says that she gets excited when his birthday comes...because it means Spring is on the way.  I think I will always get excited when Millie's birthday comes...because it means pumpkin season is on the way!


Seth took Phin to build a bear on Millie's birthday.  Seth said there were too many choices and Phin was quite indecisive but he ended up with a Hulk fireman bear and a Kitty Cat for Millie.









We brought Millie home on Wednesday, September 23rd.  I remember leaving with Phin and being worried about him all alone in the back of the car...I felt the same way this time.  They just so little in their big car seats.


We had a few visitors in September as family came to meet Millie.  JB brought his boys and they were so sweet with Millie.





Sarah, Joe and Kate came for a visit as well.


We took Millie on her first road trip.  Our favorite newborn photographer, Heidi of Monkeyface Photography, moved to St. George since Phin was born...so we drove down to get Millie's newborn photos taken.  Millie made it all the way to Cedar City before we had to take a break and feed her.  Once we arrived in St. George we headed to the Children's Museum to let Phin play.  He had a blast...and we wished we would have had more time to let him get his wiggles out.  He got to be a pilot in an airplane.


He was a mechanic and changed tires with Dad.



He dressed up like a Firefighter or a hirehiter as he says.



He also dressed up like a cowboy and got to see an exhibit on phones.


He loved the grocery area.


I missed the rest of the museum as I was out feeding Millie.  Seth said they didn't even make it all the way through before we had to leave.  We spent about four hours at the photography studio.  Then we had dinner at Chili's and drove home.  It was a long day...but Heidi the photographer is amazing.   I'll post more photos of the actual session soon.

Millie loved spending time with Uncle Jeff before he headed back to Arizona.


Dallin and Amy brought us dinner one night.  Here is a picture of the future best friends...Connor is just 6 weeks older than Millie.

1 comment:

Sarah Preston said...

Kate loved looking through all these pictures, and kept telling me. "I wanna do that!" She is also really quick to point out baby Millicent. That childrens museum in St. George looks incredible. Next time you see another car on the side of the road grab one for me. What an awesome find.