Monday, January 25, 2016

4 MONTHS

Millie turned 4 months last week.  We have loved seeing her personality come out more each day during the last month. She is a very laid back baby and for the most part is content to just watch everything going on around her.  She is becoming more particular about her positioning and would prefer to be sitting up so she has the very best vantage point.  She gave me one of the best gifts for Christmas and giggled for the first time just before Christmas.


She weighs 13 pounds 10 ounces which puts her in the 47th percentile for weight.  She is 26 inches long which puts her in the 96th percentile for height. Like I said in my last post...this girl is long and lean.  Pants that fit her length wise are usually way too big around the waist.  She is wearing 3-6 month clothes.  She is still wearing size 1 diapers.


Millie is absolutely full of smiles and squeals these days.  She seriously thinks she is carrying on a conversation...which is so much fun.  Here are her weekly pictures from the last month...the many faces of Millie.


My mom found this vintage shawl that someone had made when she was a baby.  I think it looks adorable on Millie.  My mom also found one of my favorite baby toys this month.  I am quite sentimental and love all of the old things we have found for Millie.



We loved spending Christmas with Millie.  At this time last year we were praying so hard to have a little miracle baby and a sibling for Phin.  My favorite memory this Christmas season was holding Millie during the Christmas music program.  Tears came to my eyes as I looked down at my little miracle and could see how my prayers had been answered.








Millie met her cousin Harvey for the first time this month.  They are almost two months apart...just like their older siblings (Phin and Kate).

 

Harvey is such a handsome little guy and looks so small compared to Millie.


Millie found her feet this month.  When I put her down on her back she flips her little feet up and holds on tight.



It has been so fun to see the special relationship that Phin and Millie are developing.  She loves to watch him.  One day he put his Iron-man mask on and came up to her and she burst into tears...she must not have recognized him.  He is so protective of her and when people come up to her he often says "my Millie."  

 


Phin update:  He is officially potty trained!  WOO HOO!  I don't think anyone adequately prepared me for how hard potty training would be.  We got really serious the Sunday after Christmas.  We decided we needed to go cold turkey giving up diapers.  We had quite a bit of success the first week...until Phin woke up with the stomach flu on New Years Day.  We went back to diapers until he recovered and have never looked back.  I used to get medals for running races...and I kind of think I need a medal for potty training.  I have joked that once Phin was potty trained I was going to go out and buy myself a potty treat.  


Phin is a bit of a picky eater.  He will often come up to me and say "I hungry mom."  I seriously don't know whee he puts all of the food he eats.  He will often find food he would like to eat in our pantry and run it out to me to open for him.  He loves spaghetti, cereal, cutie oranges, string cheese, fruit snacks and granola bars.  He has a serious love and addiction for chocolate milk and treats (suckers, skittles, m&m's, cookies, ice cream, etc.)  


We figured out that Phin thinks that all kids are "cousins."  That must be one side-effect of having so many cousins close to his age.  One night we were at the gym walking around the track and Phin pointed out to all the cars in the parking lot and said "look mom cars sleeping."  We have talked quite a bit about choosing to be happy the past few months.  Now Phin will come up and in a very cute voice say "I happy."  He can seriously go from throwing a fit to being "happy" in no time flat. Phin continues to love to watch shows.  His favorites are Team Umi Zoomi, Paw Patrol and Blaze.  He also likes Fireman Sam.  Every time he sees anyone in trouble on a TV show he says "Call Fireman Sam."  One night we were at Iggy's and he looked up at the TV screens and said "look Papa's shows."


We are counting down the weeks until Spring.  We seriously need some good weather to come our way so we can spend some more time outside with our outside boy.  There is seriously not a day that goes by that we don't thank our Heavenly Father for sending us these two precious spirits...we are extremely blessed.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Awwww!! That picture of Millie smiling up at Phin is precious! You and Seth make pretty babies ;-)

Amy said...

Such a pretty girl! I'm still so jealous that potty training is done for you.

Jamie Hatch said...

such fun and cute pictures, it probably isn't too hard with such cute kids! tell us how you treated yourself with your potty training prize, you definitely deserve it! Well done!

Sarah Preston said...

Good job potty training him! Think of all the money you will save on just having 1 in diapers! I am happy that Harvey has Millie to grow up as cousins with.