Sunday, February 21, 2016

February Part I



We started February off with some french toast with whipped cream.  Phin decided he really liked the whipped cream.  He grabbed the spoon right out of the bowl and started licking.


I always have Mondays and Thursdays off.  We spend a lot of time cleaning the house, shopping, walking at the gym, getting laundry done, etc...but we also find time to play.  Here is Phin with his make-shift shield. 


We celebrated  Scott's birthday on Groundhog Day.   Phin helped me make Scott his favorite chocolate chip cookies.  When Scott showed up at Nona and Papa's on his birthday Phin was there and ready to sing Happy Birthday to him.  It was fun to celebrate Scott's birthday...and maybe just as fun to celebrate the groundhog predicting an early Spring.

I had an appointment with the dermatologist this month.  I was brave and took both kids with me for the appointment...I want them to see that Mommy has to go to the doctor too.  Millie loved the fish in the waiting room.  

 

After my appointment we headed up to the Natural History Museum and met a few friends that also have a Salt Lake Connect passes.  We visited the gecko exhibit first.  Phin loved the interactive display that let him build his own gecko.

 

Millie fell asleep early on in our trip.  I am amazed at where she can fall asleep and that she looks so comfortable in the seemingly uncomfortable situations she finds herself in.


Phin was much more interested in the dress-ups at the museum than he usually is.  He even handed out dress-ups to Spencer, Zoey and Eliza.


 

Phin's favorite part of the museum was the dinosaur exhibit as always.



The first Saturday in February we headed up to Idaho for our nephew Harvey's blessing.  We met Sarah, Joe, Kate, Harvey, Papa, Bart, Collette, Emily, Jane and Aaron at Lava Hot Springs.  The water was absolutely perfect.



Phin loved playing with his cousins.  There were quite a few water activities that were right at his level.


Millie loved how warm the water was...perfect for a baby.


We spent the night at Sarah and Joe's.  Phin loved playing with Kate and with all of her toys.  One of Joe's brothers had brought popcorn to share and Phin and Kate ate a lot of popcorn together.


 It was fun to have a cousin sleepover.


The blessing the next day was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't resist taking a picture of Harvey and Millie with Papa.   It is fun to think about all of the adventures these two will have together.   I am incredibly blessed to have children so close in age to Sarah's children.

1 comment:

Sarah Preston said...

I love the picture if Dad holding Millie and Harvey and that they are both wearing white. I hope we can talk you into coming again!