Saturday, December 29th was our last full day in Phoenix. We spent lots of time outside playing.
Phin also spent quite a bit of time drawing up plans for how Jeff should finish the playhouse...this kept him busy for a long time. Almost the entire trip he kept asking Jeff when he was going to work on the playhouse...I felt like he was a mini Feller trying to get Jeff to get a job done.
In the afternoon we went to Papago Park which was so crowded...but also so gorgeous.
The kids loved finding little crevasses to climb up into.
Carver and Millie holding hands...they are the cutest cousin buddies.
I love this shot with Camelback Mountain in the background.
After Papago Park we went back to Jeff's house for some yummy smoked ribs. Then we went to Zoolights.
The Phoenix zoo is so much bigger than the Hogle Zoo. We actually didn't see many animals but the light displays were beautiful.
In this picture Seth is trying to get the kids to put their hands in the snake's mouth.
A prowling alligator...
A wolf...for our kids with wolf hats.
I loved the lights wrapped around the cactus.
A lion with a little roar.
Silas taking another little cat nap...
Phin found my favorite flamingos.
Carver and Millie sharing the stroller.
MIllie has been obsessed with Unicorns lately...but was too cold to get out of the stroller for a picture.
We tested the kids hats out for one final picture...
The next day we went to church before hitting the road. We ended up at a Spanish Branch...which Seth loved. I was able to understand the main idea but not everything. Silas was getting pretty fussy so I spent quite a bit of time out in the hall and in the Relief Society room which had a little mirrored display case.
We had originally planned to drive home through Moab and visit Arches National Park...but after checking the forecast we found out that snow was expected on Monday. We ended up driving through Vegas. I had never been that way before and loved seeing Lake Mead. We also loved the chicken at Viva Chicken in St. George. We made it home late Sunday night and it felt good to be back in our own beds.

1 comment:
I love seeing your kids and Carver playing together. So great that they all play together so well. I have such fond memories of our summer visits and all the things Sarah, Steph, you,and I played when we were young!
Post a Comment