Sunday, November 8, 2020

OCTOBER


 

We found a new park up by the Centerville baseball complex...the dino was a huge hit.  The kids also loved the diggers that you can see in the background.

 

 

We have been trying to limit Silas' dairy intake since he had some tummy problems in July and August...sometimes he finds ways around the limitations.  One day he walked into my bedroom carrying the block of cheddar cheese from our fridge...with a few big bites missing.

 

I love when the kids are getting along and being kind to each other...one evening I found Millie and Silas cuddled up on the couch together watching a show.

 

 We said goodbye to Kim, Carver and Conrad before they headed back to Arizona for the year.  We sure love when they are up here for the summer.

 

 Silas playing in the sand table at school...

 

 Silas enjoying a dirt cup at school.

 Silas playing puzzles at school.

One Saturday we headed up to Ogden to hike the Birdsong trail.  It started close to the Dinosaur Park up there.  The leaves were gorgeous and we had such a great hike.

As we walked through a neighborhood to reach a different section of the trail we found a Mermaid skeleton...Millie was a fan.

 Silas took a little break mid-trail to catch up on some reading.

 We found some old car ruins along the trail.

I had a student that reached all of his speech goals and was released from speech in October.  I have worked with this student for five years.  I was overcome when I walked into the meeting to release the student and saw this beautiful flower arrangement. This is a hard year for educators...and this gesture reminded me to show gratitude to the teachers that positively impact my kids each day.

 Over Fall Break we went to our favorite Fall Festival at Cross E Ranch.

 Silas now knows what a pumpkin is...and he loves them.

 We decided to stop at the donuts shack early on in our visit...so delicious.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

We also made a trip to Pack Farms to pick out pumpkins.  The kids had talked about this for weeks and we finally made it happen.  They were thrilled to finally get pumpkins.


 

 


 


 

 

 We finally made it to the "teeter totter" park.  Millie and Silas were thrilled.


 

 Whenever I start to cook...I have lot s of willing helpers.

 

 We made it out to Gardner's Village to see the witches.


 

 


 

We woke up one Sunday morning to a few inches of snow...the kids were excited...I was not.

 


 

I had some items to sew for the kids costumes as well as more masks.  Phin and Millie love to help and their favorite job is to push the peddle.

 

Millie and Silas had their school Halloween party the Tuesday before Halloween.  It looked different than years past.  Instead of visiting all of the classrooms in the school to trick-or-treat, they stayed in their classrooms and did some fun activities.

 


 

 

 Silas was able to count pumpkin seeds...

 


and make witch's brew.

  

 

 

Phin and I celebrated Halloween at school the Thursday before Halloween.  If you can't tell...I am Velma.  Most of my co-workers couldn't tell who I was with the wig, glasses and a mask on.  I was able to volunteer in Phin's class for his classroom party.

 


 

We carved pumpkins the Thursday before Halloween.  We were hoping to enter them into the Centerville Pumpkin walk...but it was cancelled due COVID numbers spiking.  It was fun to see Phin be able to independently carve his pumpkin. 

 

 

 Jack the Skeleton King.

 Forky.

 

 Spiderman.

 

We have been looking forward to Halloween for months.  The kids loved getting dressed up and planning costumes. We spent lots of time together making Scooby Doo masks and The Mystery Machine.  We loved that Halloween was on Saturday this year.  We ended up watching an outdoor movie on Halloween night because the kids cleaned up at Seth's work trunk or treat the night before. 

 


 
Happy Halloween from our gang to yours!  Love Shaggy, Velma, Fred, Daphne and Scooby Doo.


 



1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Y'all's costumes are incredible!!!