Wednesday, June 9, 2021

May

My cousin Rachelle was in town from New Mexico with her family over Memorial Day Weekend. My Aunt Becky passed away the week before and Rachelle as in town for the funeral.  I was able to visit with Rachelle on the Friday before Memorial Day at the funeral and was so excited she made time to visit us the night we got back from camping.  She even brought us a pizza dinner.  We had so much fun chatting and playing games.  Phin loved playing the arcade with Griffin.




Millie and Silas had their last day of Preschool in May.  I had to wait until after school to get Silas' picture because he had a serious case of the morning grumps.


He and Millie were both so excited to show of their school "scrapbooks."


We said goodbye to Izzy the Impreza.  We decided to donate her to KUER for the tax writeoff.  It was a little hard to say goodbye because of all of the memories this car holds...it was the first car that I bought, and the car we drove on our honeymoon to South Carolina and then all over the East Coast.  


Millie and Silas had a movie day for their last day of school.


Here is Millie's last day of school shot.


The kids also had a water day their last week of school.


Phin gave me a Zinnia plant for Mother's Day.  He came to me in tears one day so sad that I had let the plant die.  I obviously don't have a green thumb...


We found some roller-blades at a garage sale one Saturday.  Phin has been wanting roller-blades for ages.  He was so excited...but quickly learned that the roller-blades were going to take some serious practice.




We have these beautiful snowball like blossoms on a bush in our backyard...we have lived her six years and this is the first time that I have even noticed them.


 

 

Millie and Silas came home with crowns one day.


The French class also came in to teach Millie's class some french words.


We have really enjoyed the warmer weather of May.  It has been so nice to spend more time outside.


One Saturday we had cousins from Cache Valley down for an Ultimate Frisbee tournament.  We were able to go and watch a few games.  The kids loved seeing their cousins.


 

Silas can often be found with books and action figures.

Phin was vacuuming out our car when we got back from our St. George trip and lost his tooth.  It feel somewhere beneath the seats and he was unable to find it...so he wrote the tooth fairy this note: "Dear Tooth Fairy.  I lost my tooth in the car and I have proof, look in my mouth."


Millie requested a picture with me one day.  I can't believe this girl is going to Kindergarten in just a few short months.

There were free car washes for teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day.  We took advantage of the deal.


Silas doing water color painting at school.


We explored a new park while Millie was at a birthday party in May.



1 comment:

Rachelle said...

You were incredibly kind to make time for us, not the other way around! It does my heart good to sp ND time with you and your family. We love y'all!