November was busy in all the ways we don't like it to be...illnesses, injuries and just everyday business. We are hoping December will be much healthier. Blogger posted my pictures all funny again...so here is our month in reverse.
We ended the month with an activity days activity for our 10-11 year old boys. Our kids are lucky because they get to come along too. We painted little wooden houses and then Seth showed the boys how to do watercolor postcards. It was interesting to see which boys were detail oriented...and which ones just wanted to get the activity done so they could play basketball in the gym.
More Christmas dresses...Lou is wearing one that I once wore and it may be my favorite vintage piece she has been able to wear. I love this little knit reindeer dress.
Millie is still fitting in this hand-me down from her cousins.
We spent Thanksgiving and Black Friday up in Cache Valley. We spent Friday at the Hatch Residence shooting shotguns, crafting and playing. Seth was able to learn how to play a game that we were given a couple of years ago. It was fun to watch this group play together.
Silas and Millie were in heaven playing with cousin Gavin's Legos.
Phin LOVED shooting Uncle Jotham's pistol. He was quick to gather up some of the empty shells for souvenirs. Jotham uses this gun and gear when he is training to shoot on horseback.
Lou loved hanging out with her teenage cousins. I captured the sweetest moments of her with Hollie...
Jotham offered us all horse drawn carriage rides. Millie felt like a princess in the back of the carriage.
Grandma Jo helped all the kids make the traditional candy trains...they all loved it.
We had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Jo's. Millie was delighted that Grandma Jo had pulled out some special tea cups for the dinner.
I ran the local Turkey trot...and I actually ran it the whole time. I finished just past the 30 minute mark and am so happy with my time.
Here are a few shots from the last game...Phin got to go up for the jump ball at the beginning.
One morning we were able to see the leaf sucking truck at work.
Silas continues to LOVE school. He comes home with lots of stories and lots of art projects.
Matching vintage Christmas dresses. I am amazed that both girls fit in these dresses. My mom said this pattern is pretty amazing that way. I love seeing these girls wearing the dresses that Sarah and I used to wear.
We were outside raking and blowing leaves and Millie thought it was funny to have the leaf blower blow her hair.
I have been trying to get Silas to the library more often. He loves that they have toys he can take to the rug to play with. He built this tower with magnet blocks on one of our visits.
We had the primary program in November...my favorite Sunday of the year.
The kids have all loved playing in the leaves outside.
Seth took the kids to a hobby shop one Saturday afternoon and they ran into this character.
We spent a Fun Friday afternoon at the Clark Planetarium. Silas loved the green screen.
We were shopping at Target one evening and Silas insisted that I take his photo by the red carts.
The kids loved the first snow of the season. We didn't get much, but somehow they managed to make three little snowmen.
We had to make the rule with Silas that he can only eat snow on the first day that it has fallen.
No comments:
Post a Comment