Tuesday, December 10, 2024

OCTOBER

October has come and gone.  It is one of my favorite months.  My favorite memory from the month was our family costume.  We had some serious negotiations and finally ended up deciding on a Star Wars Theme.  I have photos of all our past Halloween costumes displayed during the month of October and I can't wait to display this one next year.

 

Lou was the cutest little Ewok.  She is wearing the Monkey costume that my Mom made for JB originally and that most of my siblings and I wore at one point or another. I loved how Lou told people she was an EWOK.

Phin was Chewbacca.  This was his last year dressing up for Halloween at school.  It is a little sad to see the end of such a fun era.  I still remember him being dressed up as Captain Hook in Kindergarten.  They started playing Halloween music over the intercom before school.  I was in a Special Education Team meeting and Phin came running in as Captain Hook terrified of the loud noise. 

 Millie was Rey.  We pieced her costume together and I think it turned out so great.

Silas was BB8.  This costume was perfect for our little guy that is obsessed with robots.  I paper mached over a yoga ball to make the base of Silas costume.  Then we covered the paper mache with duck tape.  It was fun to see how he could go down into his costume.  It was a little hard for him to walk up and downstairs but I loved being able to walk in our school's Halloween parade with Silas.


Halloween is one of my favorite days at school.  It was fun to hang out with Silas' class and see the kids come through for the parade.

The day before Halloween Seth's work held their annual Trunk or Treat.  We were very happy that Scott's family could join us for the event.

   

 
 

We were gifted some tickets to the Utah Hockey League.  Phin and Millie were so excited to go and loved cheering along the team.



 

Lou is a little crafter...this little one loves markers, scissors and glue.


 

Millie (and Mom) have been working very hard on piano.  I should have taken a video but her favorite piece in October was Sleepy Creepy Night.


 

We hosted the Robertson Family Halloween Party at our church Bowery.  The weather was absolutely perfect. We gathered for games and then treated everyone to a Smash burger on our Blackstone.


 
 









 

 We also went to the PBS Kids Ready Marathon Kick-Off party.






 
We went to a few other Trunk-or-Treats but this one at a local credit union was probably our favorite.  The kids ended up with bags full of candy and other goodies.  We loved this dental office's Monsters Inc costumes.
 

 
We also went to the Davis County Sheriff's Office Trunk-Or-Treat.  I entered Silas into the costume contest for his age group and he ended up winning "MOST CREATIVE" costume.
 



 

I surprised the kids with flu/COVID shots one afternoon.  I have found that a surprise is way better than the dread of anticipation.


 

Lou has been absolutely loving playdough recently.


We celebrated Lou's birthday in October.  It is hard to believe our Little Lou is three!  I made her Cake by Courtney's Biscoff cake.  




 

The kids didn't have school on Lou's birthday so we went on an afternoon adventure to Red Butte Garden.  They had a really cute Alice in Wonderland themed Halloween activity.












 

We started Lou's birthday off with our traditional birthday doughnuts.  


 

We went down to the cabin for Fall Break.  It was really pretty rainy while we were down there but on one of our last days we went out searching for the geocache box that Jeff's family hid for us.










 

Jeff and Kim also left us all matching sunglasses.


 

Here is the map that Jeff's family left us.


 
We also took a family photo while we were down at the cabin.  This was our second attempt...and I am so glad it turned out.  I wish we would have had a little more sun but...everyone is smiling and looking at the camera so I will take that as a win.

 
This photo of the kids also turned out great.

 

We took the side by side into town.  Lou was snug as a bug with her hands in her pockets.












 

Here Lou is "reading" a story to us.  I love how she is holding the book like a teacher and trying to "read" upside down.


 

We went to the Jr. Jazz night at the Delta Center.


 

The kids loved being able to stand at Center Court.


 

They even got to take a shot down on the court.



 

The did a little drill and were given a pair of Jazz shorts...that have quickly become a favorite for all.




 

We even got our photo taken with a Jazz player.



 

We entered pumpkins into the Pumpkin Walk again this year. Here is Silas' BB8 and Phin's Chewbacca pumpkin.


 

The girls went with a Bluey theme for their pumpkins.





 

I have been loving Fall afternoons with Lou.  It has been unseasonably warm so we have enjoyed lots of afternoon walks.







 

We went to a neighboring towns Pumpkin Festival as well and enjoyed chocolate doughnuts...Lou really enjoyed the doughnut.





 

We also enjoyed another evening at Frightmares.








 

We picked our own pumpkins at Cross E Ranch.  













 

We also enjoyed one last trip to the corn pit.  
















 

We started off the month at our Neighbor's (The Phelps) annual pizza party.  We are so lucky to live in our neighborhood and have the amazing neighbors that we do.


 

I spent the night before the party helping to roll out the dough.  


 

October was so good to us...and I am happy to finally have the month documented.  Like Anne Shirley says "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."

No comments: