Here are a few more photos from Salt Con. The convention was packed...especially on Saturday. We played a few old favorites and a few new games.
The kids loved playing a story telling game with Seth. They were given a situation and had to tell a story about it. Then the other players rated them on how believable the story was.
We tried a new to us version of Century.
Lou is just the cutest little afternoon buddy.
We celebrated Seth's birthday a few days after the actual event. I made Cake by Courtney's Banana Cream Pie Cake. Seth was wondering why I didn't just make a pie...but after one taste of this beauty he was convinced. I love this type of "naked" cake because you don't use frosting...you just stack it between a ring of acetate.
We had Nona and Papa over for cake and our first Detroit Pizza of the year.
One afternoon, Lou fell asleep when we were running errands. I was so happy when she transferred well when we came home. I love sleepy afternoon cuddles.
Grandma Jo and Grandad dropped off a St. Patrick's Day goodie basket. The kids were delighted to find it when they came home from school.
Lou throwing herself a little tea party one afternoon.
Lou also loves playing in the flour when I am shaping my sourdough.
I have been making more of an effort to get the library. Lou loves playing with the toys at the library.
Here is a very windy picture of the first of three trips to the temple this month. This is the new Taylorsville temple. My good college friend, Jenn invited me to join here when she was in town from South Carolina. I was able to be there when Jenn's mother was sealed to her deceased parents. It was such a beautiful experience. As we sat in the sealing room it really felt like the sunshine was coming through the stained glass windows. I was surprised to find that the weather was still overcast and rainy when I came out. It reminded me that we can always find the sun/son when we seek it/him.
We finally got Lou in for her eye doctor appointment.
Millie loves to teach Lou everything...here she is teacher her to play the piano.
We were able to do a session at the Draper temple when our niece Emily received her endowment. It was really special to be in the temple with so many loved ones. It brought back memories of when I received my endowment.
The Spring weather has been breathing new life into all of us. We have loved the later sunsets and being able to go on walks, bike rides and play at the park.
The kids had a Monday off from school so we met friends at a park in the afternoon. Phin loved playing pickleball.
Lou loves cereal...especially the marshmallows in Lucky Charms. I had to get a picture with one of the marshmallows stuck on her chin.
Another unexpected afternoon nap.
Lou has been loving scooter rides after school.
This girl continues to love to use scissors...she could do cutting worksheets for hours.
Millie finished tutoring with the UURC. I am so proud of the progress she has made...we celebrated with ice cream at Snelgroves.
Lou also loves drawing on the white board.
Tawnya and Jami invited us over for lunch one Saturday. Our kids had the best time playing together and Lou especially loved their Pretty Pretty Princess game.
Lou's glasses finally arrived. I was quite surprised by how red they are. The picture when we ordered made them look a little more hot pink. But this girl doesn't seem to mind. She was in absolute awe at the world around her as we drove home. She asks for her glasses as soon as she wakes up.
It was really fun to see my two girls in their glasses for the first time.
Our school put on the musical Aladdin. Millie and Silas were so excited to go with me.
They also loved buying treats and treasures from the concessions stand.
It was fun because he got to come out for the last number/bows. He is on the very left of the bottom row. He got really into singing and dancing.
We also made it to our Ward Temple Night. We were greeted by the most beautiful sunset when we came out. In the distance you can see Antelope Island.
We had a lunch picnic at the park on a Sunday.
We also celebrated Silas at Nona and Papa's Sunday dinner with a repeat of the Banana Cream Pie Cake.
Silas' actual birthday was on a Tuesday. He opened presents in teh morning and we enjoyed our typical birthday doughnuts for breakfast.
Lou loved "helping" me with his cake.
I made Cake by Courtney's Ultimate S'mores Cake. It was one of my very favorite cakes. I am also the proud owner of a kitchen torch...which makes me feel pretty fancy.
I have officially donated a gallon of blood over the past year. Here is a picture from my most recent pint. Lou is very frequently my buddy for donations. She loves that we get snacks when I am all done.
Seth and Phin went on a weekend camp-out with the YM. They went out to the West Desert. Phin was pretty happy they had cereal for breakfast.
If you haven't notice...Lou and Silas now have an official pose. It is apparently a "hashtag." Here they are at a new park we visited.
Spring Break finally arrived. We went to the Ogden Nature Center on the first day of Spring. We loved the birdhouse displays on the way to the Visitors Center.
The kids also loved exploring at the "Treehouse area."
Our Smithfield Cousins were able to meet up with us. We went to Paddington in Peru at the "dollar" theater after the Nature Center.
Then cousins came to hang out and play and we ended the night with some Little Ceasar's pizza.
1 comment:
Lou's glasses!!! 😍 Your babies are getting big, Suz. I love watching them grow month by month.
Post a Comment