Saturday, October 25, 2008

FALLING APART

The last two weekend have been amazing. I have always wanted to be a roadie/groupie. For some reason having a job has prevented me from fully realizing my dream. But, I was able to get away and pretend to be a roadie for the past two weekends. I went down to Phoenix, October 10-12th to visit my brother Jeff, and to see my favorite band. Then I went down to Las Vegas, October 17-19th to see my favorite band again.

My favorite band is Lifehouse. I have loved them since their first album was released back in 2000. I have now seen them six or seven times in concert. The past two concerts were outside which was amazing. Although some people may say their songs all sound the same, I beg to differ. I connect with their music. Certain songs are intricately woven in with memories of my life. I recently read "The Song Reader" which made me think about what the meaning of the songs that get stuck in my head truly is. Here are the lyrics to a few of my favorite Lifehouse songs maybe you can be my song readers and tell me what they mean.

Broken
The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow from stealing all my time
I am here still waiting though I still have my doubts
I am damaged at best, like you've already figured out
I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you

The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head
I tried my best to be guarded, I'm an open book instead
I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
That are looking for a purpose, they're still looking for life

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain is there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you
I'm hangin' on another day
Just to see what you will throw my way
And I'm hangin' on to the words you say
You said that I will, will be ok
The broken lights on the freeway left me here alone
I may have lost my way now, having forgot my way home

You and Me
What day is it
And in what month
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up
And I can't back down
I've been losing so much time
Cause it's you and me and all of the people
With nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say
Just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping inwards
You got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here

Cause it's you and me and all of the people
With nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you
There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right
You and me and all of the people
With nothing to do
Nothing to lose

And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you
You and me and all of the people
With nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you

What day is it
And in what month
This clock never seemed so alive

Hanging by a Moment
Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me now...

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you
There's nothing else to lose
There's nothing else to find
There's nothing in the world
That can change my mind
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where
I started Chasing after you....
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

Just hanging by a moment (here with you)
Hanging by a moment (here with you)
Hanging by a moment here with you

2 comments:

Mary said...

You're hilarious: "For some reason having a job has prevented me from fully realizing my dream."

I'm not sure what the songs say about you; maybe you are subconsciously in love with Jason Wade?

Tara said...

Funny, those three songs are my favorite by them too!