Saturday, October 4, 2008

[rez-uh-loot]

Definition:
"Firmly resolved or determined; set in purpose or opinion. Characterized by firmness and determination, as the temper, spirit, actions, etc."

I have been feeling rather resolute recently. For some reason the word resolute reminds me of the Jack Johnson song "Good People." Here are some of the lyrics:
Where’d all the good people go?
They got this and that with a rattle a tat
Testing one, two man whatcha gonna do
Bad news misused give me some truth
You got too much to lose
Whose side are we on today, anyway
Okay, whatever you say
Wrong or resolute but in the mood to obey
Station to station desensitizing the nation
where'd all the good people go
Going, going, gone.
I honestly have no idea what most of Jack Johnson’s lyrics mean but they are catchy and I end up singing along. I had no idea until I looked up these Lyrics that apparently I sing my own made up words. Anyway, I have been feeling rather resolute lately.

I’m not one to make New Years Resolution. To be honest I get really irritated when I am at the gym in January and it is hard to find a machine because people have made the resolution to get in shape. I keep in mind that I just have to hold out till February because by then there will be plenty of machines to go around.

I don’t think New Years Resolutions work because people try to change so many aspects of their lives all at once. I have decided to make monthly resolutions instead. I think it is much easier to resolve to do 2-3 things for a month than for an entire year. If I don’t like what I have been doing I can stop doing it the next month.

August
One treat a day
No carbonation

September
Drink more water
Work out 3 days a week
Weekly temple trip

I do have resolutions for October. I've gone back to one treat a day and no carbonation. Now that you have all read this you can try to tempt me with a little more of another treat, tempt away because I am feeling rather resolute.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Good for you, Suz!

Mary said...

Hey, do you want some Diet Coke with Lime? Your mom just poured out a glass.

Suz said...

Mary you have no idea how hard it is not to take a sip. She always has just poured a glass of Diet Coke with Lime.