Saturday, January 9, 2010

Odds and Ends

I haven't blogged for weeks. The holidays were a little crazy, and my internet was down. I know lame excuses, but they are my lame excuses and I'm sticking to them. I've decided to catch up so here are a few details on my latest adventures.

RED ROCK

My friend Anna was visiting from Oregon a couple of weeks ago. Our little High School group got together for lunch. It was great to catch up with Anna, Allie, and Amy. Seriously I have thought about changing my name to Angie, Ashley, or Anastasia so that I could fit in a little more. I guess I could go by Anne but that is a little to close to Anna. For now I will stick with Suzanne, but I am open to suggestions.

MAPLE SYRUP DAY

Emily and I celebrated Maple Syrup Day a couple of weeks ago. We decided to do maple syrup shots. Emily did not love it as much as I did. We personally believe that Buddy the Elf started maple syrup day.

BAY LEAF CAFÉ

I met Amy and Dallin downtown for lunch a couple days before Christmas. We ate at the Bay Leaf Café, which is a fairly new addition to Main Street. I loved the atmosphere and the menu. Best of all, the drinks came in Mason jars.

CHRISTMAS EVE

Christmas Eve traditions were in full force at the Richards’ household this year. We went to the neighborhood sing-a-long, which is less of a sing-a-long these days and more of a bell concert. Don’t get me wrong, I love bells but 1-2 bell songs is enough. JB made homemade pizza for us following the program.


Then my nieces and nephews unwrapped their pajamas. Here they all are together. They are now ages 4, 3, 2, and 1.

Mary has been very crafty this year. She made me the beanie that I am modeling. I LOVE IT!

SNOWSHOEING

I went snowshoeing for the second time ever the day after Christmas. The first time I went snowshoeing was several years ago. I went on a first date, which was also a blind date and also a double date. The other girl was a wimp so we only made it the length of one football field before we turned around. This time my snowshoeing companions were not wimps so we made it a lot further. It was majestic.

FESTIVUS

We celebrated Festivus a week late. We went to a Thai restaurant for dinner. Over dinner we aired our grievances with each other. Anne had actually aired hers a few days earlier. Here is the list she provided for me.

Things you do that annoy me:

Use that voice

Don’t ask for help

Read over my shoulder

Correct my grammar

Choose TV over me

Pick your nose

Brag about yourself

Wake up early

Count calories

Leave clothes in the washer

Count my carbs

Read the tabloids

Talk like a baby

Drive like a grandma

Sing off-key

Interrupt

Slurp your soup

Sweat

Snap your gum

Say “like” excessively

State the obvious

Degrade the waiitstaff

Take the last piece

Buy the wrong brand

Screen my calls

Blast your music

Eavesdrop

Forget to use a coaster

Talk with your mouth full

Call me “dude”

Pretend I’m not here

Look at me like that

Act like your parents

Party too much

Refuse to relax

Hog the covers

Eat off my plate

Work out

Snoop around

Use “was like” as a verb

Take on too much

Slam the door

Burp at the table

Talk Trash

Back-seat drive

Talk in your sleep

Wear too much makeup

Forget to flush


In response to this list I told Anne that there is nothing I don’t like about her. I’m happy to have flatmates that have a good sense of humor. (FYI: I am only guilty of 2-3 of these things).

For dessert we had tapioca with beans in it. It really looked like fish eggs and mouse poop, Emily and Anne finished theirs, I couldn’t get past the texture.

We also had the feats of strength when we returned home. I wrestled Anne down to the couch , she didn’t put up much of a fight mostly because she was confused. She got me back later that night by having a little too much fun with the camera I left out. Let's just say that she took 20-30 pictures all containing special messages for me. I should have saved the pictures for a post but I wasn't thinking.

NEW YEAR'S

My breakfast on New Year's Day consisted of a 2-3 peanut butter bars and 1 chocolate cherry cookie. I followed it up with an 11 mile run and car wash all before 11 AM.

I have a feeling that 2010 is going to be a good year. That actually reminds me of the song "I have a feeling that tonight's going to be a good night." A couple of months ago I was hanging out with Max and Ben and out of nowhere Max started singing that song. Off the topic sort of but a fun little anecdote.

Well that is the end of my rambling and odds and ends. Until next time...

2 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

Who did you go snowshoeing with? I'm very impressed with your 11 mile run.

Amy said...

11 miles - WOW. Those peanut butter bars look so good...