Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gender Reveal

We found out on New Years Eve that we are having a little BOY!!!  I went in for my third ultrasound to check on low amniotic fluid...and found out the great news that my amniotic fluid levels are doing much better...most likely due to drinking a ridiculous amount of water over the break. While we were there the doctor asked if we wanted to know what we were having.  The doctor was about to say it was a girl...and then paused and said wait a minute...after a little adjusting and poking our little one showed himself.  

That night we had dinner with our good friends and tried to reveal the gender of our little one in a fun way, with balloons...but our attempt failed.  Both the blue and pink balloons inflated...even though I poked all sorts of holes in the pink balloon.  We were happy to share the news with them regardless of our failed fun reveal attempt.  The picture below was taken at midnight that night.  It is exciting to think that this will be the year that we welcome our son into the world.


After our next failed reveal attempt with my parents...we decided to try a new idea.  I made cupcakes for Sunday dinner and filled them with blue whipped cream.  I accidentally let the gender slip to my sister-in-laws in our pre-dinner conversation...but our nieces and nephews were sure surprised.


8 comments:

Amy said...

:)

Katie Bell said...

I knew if I put the kids down early so I could have some quiet time to myself I would be rewarded with something exciting...congratulations, boys are pretty great...

Rachelle said...

Yay for little boys!!! Low fluid level, huh? That's why I was induced with Carter. How low did you get?

Jamie Hatch said...

Urghh! I even asked you how the ultra sound went and you din't say a thing! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet Peter Parker, or Bruce Wayne, or whoever he ends up being. I'll bet that was a good day, better amniotic fluid, new years with friends and a baby boy!

Suz said...

Rachelle, I don't know the number but thee ultrasounds between 13 and 17 weeks tells the story. We just hope the fluid levels continue to improve. Did you have any problems with Brynna due to her kidneys?

Jamie, I thought Seth was going to make a bigger announcement. He ended up telling you parents nonchalantly over lunch. Sorry you didn't hear the news.

Cloe said...

So exciting Suzanne! Congrats!

CurtisandJackie said...

Congrats on the little boy! So exciting!

● C E L I N A ● said...

CONGRATSSSS!!!!