I thought I would document some of my recent thrifty finds. My mom heard about a sale at a Downeast Clearance Center. Everything in this post cost me less than seven dollars. First up six new bibs for our Phinner. Most of these bibs were from Pottery Barn and were monogrammed with names. The bibs just cost 50 cents each so I felt like they were worth the splurge. My mom has an pretty extensive supply of ribbons, rick rack, etc and was sweet enough to help cover up the monograms. I think they turned out quite nice.
Next up some stocking holders. They were on sale for five for a dollar and they all had engravings on the top. I had been eyeing stocking holders at the after Christmas sales at Target...but I just couldn't justify the price...this I could justify. To cover up the engravings I headed to JoAnn's and found some red ribbon that matches the ribbon in the stocking holder. I pulled out my sewing machine made a few straight stitches and ta-da.
I also found some Pottery Barn Christmas stockings that match the stockings we have. The stockings were on sale for five for a dollar...they were monogrammed as well so I just took an evening in front of the TV watching a movie and picked out the names.

3 comments:
How did she hear about it?! I always wonder how people hear about them. I once accidently came across one when Maddie was 2 because I was headed to the Thrift store next door to our downeast outlet and was curious as to the line outside it...got Maddie's suitcase that day, it was like $10, and yes monogrammed, but I never unpicked it because it was ALMOST her monogram, so hey works for us.
You got some awesome items!
Well done! I remember one day when Carter and Anna were tiny, I happened upon a Gap clearance sale right after they marked everything down. I got shoes, dresses, church shirts, and all kinds of things for $.47, $.97, or $1.47 each. Definitely the best sale find of my life.
a good sale always makes me feel good! Yeah!
Post a Comment