The Easter bunny slept in...so we didn't actually dig into our baskets until after church. Phin got several books, bubbles, a sound stick, a pin wheel and a toy boat...from the picture below you can tell that I was obviously was a little more excited about the toys than Phin happened to be.
After church services we headed to my parent's home for Easter dinner. I convinced my mom to have a Passover dinner. We feasted on brisket, lamb, potato kugel gratin, haroset, peach noodle kugel, asparagus and unleavened bread. Then we set the kids loose for a candy hunt...candy because we didn't have any Easter eggs so they just searched around the yard for mini candy bars. Gabe and Soren a few of our favorite backyard neighbors joined us for the hunt.
We helped Phin hunt for a couple of treats.
In the weeks leading up to Easter we focused on the life of the Savior. I found a countdown to Easter on a blog. I printed out the countdown, slid the cards into card protectors, punched holes in the top and then tied string. Each day we read a section of The Living Christ, sang a song, read a few scriptures, answered some discussion questions and then hung the corresponding card onto our little Easter branch. We didn't get all the way through the countdown...but we hope to next year. We found the countdown helped us to remember what Easter is really all about...a loving Savior that was willing to atone for our sins.
3 comments:
Love the countdown idea!
Happy Easter! Your passover dinner sounded divine! I've looked for lamb up here before with no luck, where's she have to go to find it? maybe you'll have to share your recipes for the other dishes...was it good?
1) Your face. Fantastic.
2) Dinner was so great
3) Love the picture of all our boys.
Post a Comment