We did several fun things in March first up was Salt Con our favorite gaming convention. We signed up to be volunteers so that we could get a three day pass to the convention for free. Seth and I volunteered to teach games and Scott volunteered in the game library. For several weeks before the convention we attended game nights so that we could learn the hottest games. The convention organizers were really generous and even let us check out the games in between the game nights so we could learn as many as we possibly could. I will have to do another post just on the games we played. Seth took Thursday and Friday off from work just so that he could get as much gaming in as possible.
Here we are in our volunteer shirts after a shift. Phin is wandering around in make-shift pen we created playing with his Home Depot tools or dumping a Costco bag of Wheat thins on the ground.
The Monday after the convention was Free Cone Day at Dairy Queen. We met Amy and Zoey at a park to play and then headed over for our free cone.
Phin thought it was pretty great to have a cone all to himself.
We also rode Frontrunner down to Seth's work one Friday evening. Phin is obsessed with trains and thought this activity was pretty sweet.
Seth had a little work to finish so we wandered around his office and even found a white board for Phin to draw on.
We walked over to Fashion Place Mall which is across the street from Seth's work to see the Lego display.
After the Lego display we went down to Fort Union to eat at one of my favorite spots...Teriyaki...which brings back so many college memories. Then we waited in line at Rita's for a free Italian Ice.
Easter Egg hunts started pretty early this year so on April 21st we took Phin over to Bountiful City Park for the hunt. He needed quite a bit of coaxing to pick up the eggs.
We also bought tickets so he could do the Easter Egg toss...
the fishing pond...
and finally the bounce house.
The next Saturday we headed to Dick's Market for their hunt. Phin was in the two and under group and the hunt probably lasted at least five minutes. It was so nice to not be overrun by bigger kids.
We enjoyed a free cookie and a doughnut after the hunt while Phin checked out all his goodies.
Then we headed up to a hunt sponsored by a Reality Group. The view of the Bountiful Temple was pretty impressive.
They had tons of eggs...but there were also lots of kids. This hunt was over in less than a minute.
After the hunt we got our picture taken by the Chick-Fil-A cow who gave us gift certificates for breakfast sandwiches and frozen lemonades. The following week we headed up for breakfast before Seth headed to work and Phin had a blast in the playground area.
Not everything was picture worthy in March. I went to the dentist at the beginning of the month because I had a bad taste in between two of teeth which also happen to be crowned. I found out that there was decay beneath both crowns...I didn't even know that was possible. I had a second appointment in the same week to get the crowns replaced and got more bad news...I would lose one tooth. My dentist recommended that I see and oral surgeon to have the tooth extracted and possibly prepared for a implant. So near the end of March I had that tooth pulled and an implant placed. No bueno...
I did get tot attend the Women's Conference at the Conference Center with my bestie, Amy and her mom. I walked away with a deep appreciation for the family I have been blessed with...and the teeth I still have.
1 comment:
I love reading about all the cool things you do. Sorry about the tooth, though. No bueno, indeed!
Post a Comment