Monday, November 16, 2015

A Blessing

Our Millicent Mae was blessed on Sunday, November 1st.  It was wonderful to be surrounded by family and close friends for this special event.  Several of our ward members have commented how big the circle was to bless Millie...someone even counted fifteen.  I think they were surprised to learn that everyone in the circle was a relative with the exception of Seth's best friend, Matt, and the 2nd counselor in our Bishopric, Matt Rawson.  I am so grateful that Millie will have the example of these men in her life...as well as the amazing women that stand beside them.  One of those women is her Nona who made her the most gorgeous blessing dress and booties.







The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we were able to hold the luncheon in our backyard following the blessing.  Thank you to everyone that brought delicious soups, salads and breads.  Everyone seemed to have a good time eating and socializing.  One of my favorite pictures from the luncheon is below...Millie with her Aunt Sarah and soon to be boy cousin


Phin loved having cousins over at our house...but even more than that he loved discovering the ice in the ice chest.


He even got cousin Kate in on the action...they were entertained for quite a while with the ice.  These two are such good friends and it is so fun to watch them play together.  When Joe, Sarah and Kate were loading up in the car, Joe asked Phin if he wanted to go home with them.  Phin of course said yes.  So Joe buckled him in...drove down the street... and then turned around and pulled back into our driveway.  Phin shed many tears as he realized he couldn't really go home with Kate.  We hope to make it up to Idaho soon to play with Kate and to meet her little brother when he arrives.


 



A big thank you to all of our family and friends that attended Millie's blessing.  Thank you for driving far from your homes to support our family.  We are incredibly blessed to have you in our lives and to be surrounded by you on Millie's special day.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

The dress! The shoes! The headband! She looks angelic, sweet Millie. So glad I got to meet her. Seeing you and the kids was one of many highlights this weekend.

Rachelle said...

The dress! The shoes! The headband! She looks angelic, sweet Millie. So glad I got to meet her. Seeing you and the kids was one of many highlights this weekend.

Amy said...

Absolutely perfect all the way around!

Sarah Preston said...

I love the picture of Kate and Phin playing with the ice cubes. I can't believe how entertained they were by them. I also love the picture of me, Millicent and my little guy. Thanks for capturing it. I hope those two end up being just as good of buddies as Phin and Kate. We would love to have you up anytime!

ROXY MARJ said...

Suz! Congrats on your new little girl! I LOOOVE her name!! :-[) And that head of hair!! She is perfect! <3