Wednesday, December 2, 2015

2 MONTHS

Millie hit the 2 month mark the weekend before Thanksgiving.  She weighs 10 pounds and 13 ounces which puts her in the 48th percentile for weight.  She is 23 1/2 inches long which puts her in the 87th percentile for height.  She tends to always turn her head to her right.  So we will be working to get her to look to the left more often. 


She has been wearing size 1 diapers and size 0-3 month clothes.  At 5 weeks she started to sleep much better and typically gets up just once during the night to eat.  


She starting smiling this month which I love.  She also tracks me when I am walking across the room.


We had some more breastfeeding hiccups this month.  I had severe pain when feeding her on one side.  It almost looked like I had a blister and sometimes Millie's spit-up was tinted with blood.  My doctor prescribed Newman's Ointment which is a mix of an anti-fungal, antibiotic and steroid.  Miraculously all of my pain disappeared within a few days.  We have started to introduce Millie to bottles.  When she is hungry she takes them like a champ.   


Here is a little collage of Millie's weekly photos. 


Millie is an extremely pleasant baby and is happy to just watch the craziness that is occurring around her.  She loves to be swaddled and loves her WubbaNub giraffe stuffed animal pacifier.


Phin update:  Phin keeps us all on our toes these days.  He seems to be growing really fast...as evident by some of his growing pains.  Several times this month he has woken up in tears and said that his legs hurt.  This month he developed an obsession with unplugging things.  He usually just sticks to the lamps in our front room...but one day he found the refrigerator cord...luckily I found that he had unplugged it very quickly.   His favorite toys are non-toys and I often find my kitchen gadgets spread out across the entire house.  He refers to himself in the 3rd person which totally cracks me up.  Phin's first response when a question is asked is usually "NO."  Phin do you want a tubby "NO" and then immediately he changes to "I WANT A TUBBY, I WANT A TUBBY."  As I was describing this behavior to my cousin she called it contrary.


Phin is incredibly protective of Millie.  He will often come up to me and say "Millie crying" when she has started to cry.  He loves to help calm her down and will sing and talk to her.  At the same time he is quick to steal her pacifier and blankets. Contrary in all aspects I suppose.


Phin is starting to outgrow his naps.  I can still coax him into a nap in my bed occasionally.   I took this photo just after waking up from a nap.  As hard as it is to be a parent of two...it is moments like these that make it all worth it.

4 comments:

Jamie Hatch said...

that last photo is a keeper for sure! So Sweet! Thanks for coming up this last weekend, it was fun to see you, Seth and your babies. And I defi nately decided Milly takes after her Aunt Tawnya

Amy said...

Precious sleepy picture!

Rachelle said...

So sweet! Good luck to both of us with our contrary boys. 😣

Rachelle said...

So sweet! Good luck to both of us with our contrary boys. 😣