Monday, July 23, 2018
2nd Week of July
Cow Appreciation Day is one of our favorite days. This year I found an easy printable mask for all of us and then we taped on the Chick-Fil-A sign. Seth met us during his lunch break. Millie was afraid of the cow again this year.
Millie is all about the dress ups these days. Here she is dressed up as a Strawberry Poppy Troll with her free Chick-Fil-A balloon.
We spent some time at Nona's with Carver. I brought along our play-doh and the kids had a blast. I found them making pretend food and then pretending to feed it to Carver.
I also found Phin and Millie playing "exercise" as they did sit ups and counted to 10.
We also celebrated 7-11 with free Slurpee. We went to a different store than we usually do...and they were way less organized...but the kids were still thrilled with their Slurpees.
Papa was exec of the day, so we headed out to Lagoon for a few hours. We met up with Amy, Zoey and Connor as well. I am realizing that there may not be many of these pictures in the future...Phin seems to be growing at super speed and I don't know how much longer he will be allowed on the kiddie rides.
Silas also appears to be growing at super speed.
After Lagoon we planned to go to Build-A-Bear for their Pay your age event. I had been away from social media all day and couldn't believe the line...which was apparently much shorter than it had been. They closed the line down at 9:30 am. We got there about 3:00 pm. The people at the back of the line had been in line for over 6 hours and still had hours of waiting ahead of them. It was stinking hot...in the high 90s at least. The line also had very little shade. These poor little kids had been standing in line all day for a stuffed animal...I think that fits the definition of madness. We decided to make the best of our trip to Farmington Station and got a FIIZ drink, which the kids call a "special" drink.
Nona and Carver met up with us and Millie was kind enough to share her drink.
Then the kids played near the fountain and made a wish by throwing in a penny,
Phin has finally learned how to pump!
Carver loves playing with Phin and Millie and copies their every move. They moved Nona's stools around and sat in front of the TV to watch a show.
Seth and I hired a babysitter super early on Saturday morning so we could go on a hike.
We brought Silas along and he fell asleep. We had told Phin and Millie that they may wake up to a babysitter. Phin ended up sleeping through our entire date and was quite disappointed that he missed playing with our babysitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment