We stopped at Glen Canyon dam for a picnic lunch. We were hoping to go into the Visitor's Center...but the government shutdown meant that the Visitoss Center was closed.
So we got some pictures in front of the dinosaur tracks out front...
then Phin acted like a dinosaur.
We walked across the bridge to get a better view of the dam.
Our next stop was Horseshoe Bend just outside of Page. This place was CRAZY. The parking lot was closed to all cars due to construction The traffic was very backed up and people were just parking along the highway. We parked along the highway too and started to walk...but then heard the highway patrol telling people to move their cars. Seth walked back to move the car while I kept moving forward with the kids. We are very grateful that he did...some of the other cars got stuck in the sand along the highway...and they also got a very expensive ticket. I was proud of myself for carrying Millie and Silas up the steep hill.
At the top of the steep hill I stopped to feed Silas and the kids played in the dirt. Seth caught up with us after our short break.
I also played with the panoramic feature on my new phone.
Horseshoe Bend was gorgeous...and the sunshine felt so great.
I love how Silas is checking out the view in most of the selfies that I took on the trip.
Phin found a perfect Lion rock on the way back to the car.
ROAR!
We decided to drive all the way to the Grand Canyon that night. Stay tuned for that post...
No comments:
Post a Comment