This is not going to come as a shock to any of you reading this blog but I am a planner. I like to know what I am going to do and when I am going to do it and I like to know it far in advance. My "life" plan ended two years ago. I planned as far as graduate school and when that ended so did my plan. I still make plans. I was planning my next vacation while I was on vacation this past summer. I am training for a half marathon that is in April. Planning makes me happy but it is the unplanned moments of life that give me the greatest joy...running in a rainstorm in flip flops, reading a book to my nephew, watching Cinderella with my niece, getting a turkey in the last frame of bowling to defeat both of my home teachers...these are a few of the unplanned moments that have brought me happiness.
Am I happy? The answer is YES! I am happy because I no longer think happiness will just happen to me. I know that I have to be pursuing happiness but more importantly I have to recognize happiness. Happiness is not a fleeting moment it is in every moment, you just have to turn around and look for it.
3 comments:
You forgot to mention the happiness that comes from living with the two coolest girls in the whole entire universe.
I think you hit the nail on the head, Suz. I'll have to do more pursuing of happiness and less noticing of annoying kiddos!
What a sweet picture of the kids!
Oh, running in the rain made me happy, too!
Post a Comment