Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BIRTHDAY BANANA


My birthday was yesterday. I got a little sentimental over the weekend thinking of past birthdays. This year, I spent my birthday giving speech therapy in the dark, in my coat. The power was out for over 4 hours at work. Last year I spent the day skiing with Darren, Jeff, and Jarilyn. It was an awesome powder day and I officially became a member of the bent ski pole club. In 2006 I watched the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics with friends at the Skybox. Back in Elementary school I went to Aladdin at the old Villa theater one year. I remember another birthday with everything pink and heart shaped.

My family has had the same home teacher for as long as I can remember. When I was really young I remember him bringing frozen ding dongs. They were wrapped in tin foil and I loved them. At some point he stopped bringing ding dongs and started bringing bananas. For years now he has delivered a single banana on which he has written "Happy Birthday Suzanne." He hasn't delivered one yet this year. Sometimes he forgets the exact day, but I'm expecting a banana to be delivered any day.

I was born on my Dad's birthday. He used to say I was the best present he has ever received. He told my sister the other day that the gym membership we gave him for Christmas was the best present ever. I'm hoping he forgot about me for a short moment and that I'm still at the top.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Awwww! So sweet! Hope you enjoy your banana!

Sarah Preston said...

No banana huh? I just bought a bunch at costco, I will write you a message on one, and drop it by later. I have not received a banana for a few years. It was sad at first knowing I was forgoten, but I got over it after a few years