Tuesday, February 24, 2009

NEW CAR

I bought a newish car at the beginning of the year. I love the new car, but still miss the old car, and the first car I ever had. Here is a little of my car history.

Name: Kevin (Kevy for short)
Type: 1969 VW Beetle.
Pros: I loved driving along knowing that most of the kids in the cars next to me were getting slugged by one of their siblings. People always waved, honked, and gave me the peace sign. It was a great car for short distances (aka. to High school and back). It was small and could be parked almost anywhere.
Cons: It had no air conditioning and black vinyl seats. I swear the heating came from the exhaust. There were no defrosters, as a result, I have a clear memory driving to school one morning while Sarah scraped the front windshield from the inside of the car. It also had rear wheel drive which may or may not have caused us to do a 180 on a snowy day.

Name: Tex
Type: 1999 Mazda 626
Pros: Tex had really low mileage, face it there's not a ton of places to go in Provo. My cousin Stephanie and I took a roadtrip down to New Mexico to visit Rachelle. We had a lot of fun on that roadtrip. I also took Tex to Moab, Bear Lake, and many places in between.
Cons: Towards the end Tex's transmission started to go out, He thought he was a bronco and I was the rider he was trying to throw me off.

Name: ?
Type: 2008 Subaru Impreza
Pros: Equipped with all wheel drive which came in very handy the week after I bought it and Utah got dumped on. A 6 CD changer and an I POD connection. The cruise control is really easy to use and I use it almost everyday on my way to work. The car tells me what my average mpg is. The gas tank is on the passenger side of the car, and I swear there are always pumps open on that side at Costco. Last but not least KEY LESS ENTRY, what did I ever do without it.
Cons: A monthly car payment is not so fun. I'm so worried about getting my car bumped that I park as far away from other cars as I can, which in reality may be good for me.


If you have any suggestions for a name, let me know. I have always given my car boy names but this car seems a little more feminine.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm a big fan of the Subaru - I drove a Forester for a long time and it hands down the best car to drive in the snow!

Mary said...

How about Izzy? Or Liza? I'm playing off Impreza here. Let me see, Suz and her Subaru...how about Sue-boo, like JB calls you?

Or you can go completely off topic and name her Gertrude.