
I slept through my alarm this morning, or turned my alarm off. My body and mind are not adjusting well to daylight savings. Don't get me wrong I love that the sun is still out when I get home at night. I just hate that it is dark when I leave for work in the morning.
This morning I woke up 17 minutes after my alarm should have gone off. I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Then I wasn't sure if I was just sleep walking. So I walked back into my bedroom to check my clock again. I wasn't sleep walking. My flatmate Anne, wasn't up yet so I was worried I would mess up her schedule by getting in the shower, but I had no other option. So, I took the quickest shower I have ever taken (less than 6 minutes) and managed to still make it to work on time.
We had a lock down drill at our school. I had two students and I was pretty sure one of them would freak out. Luckily he didn't. I was able to keep them calm while we put puzzles together in a storage closet behind my office. Somehow in all of the craziness of this morning I managed to remember my headlamp so that we had some light in the dark closet.
Are there days when you just want a do over? Thinking more about this I don't want a mulligan for today, I want today to be OVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment