Feast your eyes upon the scrumptious Spiderman cake I made last weekend. In light of the recent economic downturn and feeling a little under- recognized / appreciated / valued in my current profession, I am considering quitting my job to become the female version of The Cake Boss (aka the Cake Goddess). My little brother, Scott, says I have some mad skills.
I wasn't sure Spidey would turn out. I used a Devil Food Cake mix and added buttermilk like the cake doctor recommended. I even greased and floured the pan but Spidey did not want to come out. His top fell off a bit but I put him in the freezer for a couple of hours and with a little extra frosting he turned out just fine.
I have been feeling a little more domestic lately. For Christmas I got the Pioneer Woman cookbook and I love it. I cooked the lasagna last week and it was honestly the best lasagna I have ever made. I also recommend the Migas recipe. Whenever I tell people about the cookbook they always ask if it is a Mormon cookbook. I explain that it is just about a woman who feel in love with a cowboy. My favorite response has been "well wouldn't hat make it the cowgirl cookbook." Whether she is a pioneer woman or a cowgirl, I highly recommend her website. Check it out, it may bring out the domestic goddess in you.
7 comments:
Ohhh, I totally need your help for Evan's 4th Birthday! Your cake is amazing.
Suz -
That is totally amazing! I bet it was as good as it looks!
Allie,
I can totally help you. If he wants a spiderman cake, I already have the mold and everything.
I heard there was a reason why the spiderman cake. I have my guesses but I should tell you and not have it be over the internet
OhhhI want that cook book! YUM!
Is it amazing?? Do you love it.
So, who got to bite spidey's head off?
Celina,
You need to get the cookbook. I love it. I have looked for other cookbooks since and nothing compares. She has a lot of the recipes on her website but there are slight variations in the actual cookbook.
Post a Comment