Monday, September 27, 2010

Our Little Corner of the World

This is a view from our front porch as I left for work one morning this week. I am dreading daylight savings. I don't want it to be any darker when I leave for work in the morning. Can you believe that school starts at 7:30. I have to be to work by 7:10. Most of the kids are still asleep when they arrive. Many of them are picked up by buses as early as 6:30.

Pendleton is a quaint little town just a few miles from our home in Central. It reminds me of Stars Hollow from the TV show Gilmore Girls. I am disappointed that I can't capture the charm of this little square in my pictures.


I went to a baby shower at The Village Baker on Pendleton square on Saturday. When we pulled up there was a concert going on. Maybe the town troubadour was playing. I also noticed an advertisment for the farmers market on Thursday evenings.

We made bows at the baby shower for the little baby girl that will be arriving shortly. I am surrounded by some very crafty women. Check out the cupcakes from the shower. It is a little nest with three baby birds in it. They found the inspiration in a Martha Stewart magazine. The cupcakes tasted even better than it looks.

2 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

you have become quite the blogger lately...I like it. It makes me feel like you aren't so far away

Suz said...

I'm trying...It seems to be my only form of a journal. We just started skyping...we would love to skype with you and Joe sometime. Do you have a webcam?