Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pie season

Pie season is officially here...

I made my first pie crust. It turned out beautifully if I do say so myself. I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of the pie before we started to eat it...but here is a picture when it was nearly gone.

The recipe came from the American Test Kitchen Cookbook that we purchased just before we got married. Seth picked out the cookbook...I think he did an amazing job. Just flipping though the book makes me hungry. My favorite section to flip through is the frozen desserts. I can't wait to try a few of those out.

There is also a baking book and a cooking for two book that look like fun.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Mmmmm, yum! What kind did you make? Looks like it could be blueberry?

Peter Nash said...

I really enjoy the stuff that ATK does. They are great for the novice chef.

Suz said...

Rachelle,
It was blueberry peach. I didn't realize how big the pie was...so after I poured in the first can I realized I didn't have enough. I didn't have another can of peach so I improvised. Worked out well.

Pete,
Are you calling me a novice?

Peter Nash said...

No, I am calling myself a novice. I watch ATK because they go through the process of how to make even complex things.

I have sampled more than enough of your food over the years to know that you are not a novice.