I used to consider myself a "runner." I wore the title of" runner" with pride and basked in the feeling of accomplishment that came each time I stepped across the finish line. Each race convinced me that I could do "hard" things, I could cross the finish line no matter how tough the miles were to get there. So what exactly does this have to do with being pregnant...I feel like I have entered the longest race of my life...40 weeks of race to be exact. I just reached the 13 week mark last Monday...and during those first 13 weeks I felt like I was not tough enough for the race that I had entered...that the race was much harder than anyone that had run it before me had said...and that this was not exactly what I thought I had signed up for.
Well this last week finally brought the relief of the first aid station along the course. We headed to our first doctor's appointment and were able to hear the heartbeat of our little one for the first time. I was left quite speechless when we heard it. That little sound brought all the peace that I had been praying for.
The next day we headed back for our first ultrasound. The picture below was our first view of the baby. We were relieved to see that there was just one in there...although at this point a two for one sounds pretty good. I had a dream around the time that we got pregnant that we had twins and the night before our first doctor's appointment Seth dreamed we had triplets. Let me tell you this little one is a mover and a shaker. It looked like there was a dance party going on...I think this little one might take after their father.
Here is a shot of one of the arms.
This is a shot looking down on our baby's head. You can see their little fingers lifted up in front of their face.
In this picture you can see the spine.
This week has given me the will to keep going. The finish line is expected to come on June 9th. I am excited that at the end of this race I will gain a new title I will be a "mother."





8 comments:
Fun to see pictures of this little one finally! I am excited for this new title you will have.
So glad its not triplets! I still remember the first time I heard Hyrum's heart beat, I get goose bumps just remembering. It really makes it all suddenly so real. We're so excited for you! Just FYI, the race doesn't end at 40 weeks, it just changes course. For me now, I just realized I'll have to get up at 6am for the next 16 years to get kids off to middle/high school. I honestly don't know if I have that one in me. Good luck with the pregnancy, I'll bet you'll just be glowing when we see you at Christmas!
I love ultrasound pictures! Oh the relief and excitement that comes with them. So fun! Glad those first 13 weeks are over. The next 13 are easy before it gets hard again, lol.
Awww, little baby Robertson is already adorable! Looks just like you when you were that age - ha, ha, ha!
Ginger Ale might help with queasiness. Or peppermint tea. I also found that eating a complex carb with a protein helped too. (Think whole grain toast with PB/cheese/eggs. . . ) Keeps your tummy full longer. One of the hardest things for me was losing the desire to eat. Eating became such a chore. What a shame for someone like you and me, who love to eat so much!
So happy for you!!!
Congratulations!
Hang it there...
I'm so excited!! You will be an amazing "mother"!!! What a lucky baby :)
Yay! Huge congratulations! That is so very very exciting!
Post a Comment