Thursday, December 27, 2012

Utah Eats: Part II

Here are a few more pictures from the yummy places we have gone to eat recently.  For the most part eating is a chore these days...the constant nausea I experience makes it difficult to really enjoy food.  I have had a few cravings and have learned very quickly not to by an item I am craving at Costco...seriously one day I crave something and the next day the thought of that same item makes me sick.  But one constant craving is  meat...I have taken to calling our little one Rex as in T-Rex for this reason.  I typically have the biggest sweet tooth around...but lately I have no cravings for sweet.  Seth is amazed at the abundance of sweets we have around.  We have had ice cream in our fridge for over two months and usually it doesn't even last a week. One of my co-workers gave me a cupcake from the Sweet Tooth Fairy for Christmas...normally this cupcake wouldn't have even made it home from work...but this year I carried it around for a few days waiting for a little bit of my old sweet tooth to kick in.  With that said...here are two of the places that have actually made me want to eat recently.  

First up Pat's Barbecue a local place featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  We buy a Groupon almost every time they are available and used ours the Friday after Thanksgiving for lunch.  We were lucky enough to get there in time for the special of burnt ends.  We ordered bread pudding for dessert.  I had a few bites and it reminded me of our old home in the South.   


The next place we visited was The Mandarin right here in Bountiful.  The atmosphere was very festive and the food was delicious   We ordered the walnut shrimp and the cashew chicken.  The walnut shrimp was by far our favorite...when you go order it and I promise you will not be disappointed.


3 comments:

Amy said...

mmmm...meat! Totally hear you on that one. Mandarin sounds divine, I haven't been there in forever - will have to hit it up!

Mary said...

I haven't been in Mandarin in years. Pat's I go more often, of course. Yum.

Jenn said...

We love - love - LOVE the Mandarin! Probably will be the first place we go when Jared gets home.