I am getting later and later at posting these monthly updates of Phin...mostly because he has figured out how to turn the computer off this month. He seems to sense that I am distracted and touches one little button so that I will focus all of my attention on him...smart little boy.
Phin weighs 26 pounds 14 ounces and is 34 inches tall. That puts him in the 64th percentile for weight and the 91st percentile for height. He has learned many new skills this month...he is a master at emptying things out and scattering things around...including leaves.
He has also become quite a problem solver. He carries his little chair around to use as a step stool when he can't quite reach something. I will be honest...we have had to put his little chairs into time out a time or two. Most nights Phin can be found standing on a chair next to the sink while we do dishes. He has also become a pretty good helper when I am cooking and wants to be up on his chair in the midst of the action.
His favorite thing to cook with me is cookies of course. One day I had the cookies cooling on a rack at the edge of the counter...the next thing I knew a whole row of cookies was gone. Phin hasn't learned to get rid of the evidence yet and he had chocolate all over his face.
He loves cars and he loves watching people...so he was delighted when we spent a night watching the Pine Wood Derby cars that the Young Men and Young Women were racing.
He continues to have a major sweet tooth and knows exactly where our candy drawer is. One day he pulled a little box over and tried to use it as a step to get up into the drawer. If Seth or I open this drawer at the end of dinner Phin is instantly done with dinner and ready for dessert.
We have had to start hiding all of our writing utensils since Phin found some crayons and decided to create a masterpiece on our white cabinet.
He discovered a serious love for Oreos this month. Here he is sitting back on our chaise lounger and enjoying one. He especially loves mint dipped Oreos.
We got to spend quite a bit of time with family this last month. Cousin Eliza came over on her parent's anniversary and these two decided the armchair was just right for the two of them.
Phin continues to be a great sleeper unless he is teething or not feeling well. Most mornings he can be found with his little bum up in the air or on his back with his arms up like he is surrendering.
We made Jello for Thanksgiving and Phin discovered he was a big fan.
Phin also got to go on his first scooter ride around the parking lot of our apartment complex. He had been climbing up on Seth's scooter for weeks hoping for a ride.
Phin loves when Seth is home and when he can climb up on his back for a Daddy ride.
He also loves when Daddy is willing to share ice cream.
Phin and I both caught hand, foot and mouth disease over Thanksgiving break...it was awful. I thought he was just teething but then he started to get marks all over his hands, mouth and feet. Luckily his case was not as bad as mine. I was covered in blisters for almost a week. I counted 16 blisters on one thumb. Not fun...I should have gotten a picture of the two of us... but I missed the opportunity. Seth did take a picture of me at my worst...this picture seriously does not do it justice. I wouldn't wish hand, foot and mouth on my worst enemy.
I was watching a story on KSL the other day about a mom that realized she was missing from most of the family photos...she solved the problem by using the self timer on her cameras. I think my new years resolution next year may be to try that out and get myself into a few more pictures with Phin...wish me luck.
2 comments:
Your boy is the cutest. Nice pictures! Even the one of you.
I've made the same new years resolution before, and it helps to make (hand the camera over to Jotham with instructions) to take pictures of me. I feel awful about the hand foot and mouth, yuck! sounds horrible. What fun pictures this month, I especially like that one of phin and eliza together. cousins are the best!
Post a Comment