One of my friends had posted a picture on Instagram about their favorite holiday tradition which is Echoes of Christmas. I looked it up online and found out that it was a 40-minute live nativity walk through and at each stop the actors sing songs and act out their parts. I was very intrigued and ended up dragging Seth and Phin down to Liberty Park on a Tuesday evening for the event. We arrived about ten minutes before the event started...which meant we were near the beginning of the line. Seth followed our wandering Phin around while I stayed in line.
My pictures aren't great...no flash allowed and I didn't have my good camera but I wanted to give you an idea of the event. We were split up into groups of about twenty and were lead to each station by a shepherd.
I have to say this will definitely become a family tradition. It was a nice way to invite the spirit and to ponder on the true meaning of Christmas. Once we actually started walking with the group Phin loved the event as well. He sat still and watched all the actors singing...he also loved all of the live animals...donkeys, sheep and a camel.
2 comments:
Sounds like something we would love!
Hopefully every future December will be as warm as this one had been for these outdoor events.
Post a Comment