Sunday, February 20, 2011

Atlanta: Part II

Our next stop was World of Coca Cola.  Some say that World of Coca Cola is just a huge Coke commercial...I would have to agree.  Atlanta is world headquarters for Coca Cola.  Coca Cola was invented in Atlanta in 1886 by John Pemberton.  It was first sold in soda shops like the one below where the syrup was added to fizzy water while customers sat at he bar.

This little kissy monster is in the new Coca Cola campaign entitled...Open Happiness.



We saw tons of Coca Cola merchandise...


We also saw a 3D movie.


I had some slight technical difficulties with my 3D glasses...yes my ears are crooked...very crooked.


Our favorite part of World of Coca Cola was the "Taste It" exhibit.  We entered a huge room with Coca Cola products from around the world.  We got to taste test whatever we wanted too.  Some made us cringe and some we wanted more of. 


We watched how Coca Cola was bottled and were given a commemorative bottle to take home.


All I have to say is that Coca Cola has done an amazing job of marketing their brand.  The marketing continued as we walked out through the gift shop.  People literally had baskets full of merchandise they were purchasing.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I respect Coca-Cola because of their marketing to much. It fascinates me. Did they have Passion Fruit Fanta?

Emily said...

How fun! I love that your ears are a little crooked...it adds charm =) Mine are a smidgen crooked too! hehe

Mary said...

Even before I read my name I thought I would love to see CNN! JB would like the coke stuff.