Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Blessings

My birthday was last week.  I'm lucky enough to share a birthday with my sweet Dad.  This was one of the first years that we have been apart on our birthday  We talked on the phone and he promised to wait to order a marzipan until I can be home to share it with him.


This was my first married birthday.  I was surprised when these flowers appeared.  FYI: We have just one car and I had it all week.  Somehow Seth managed to get these flowers.  I asked him how and he insisted that it remain a mystery...I have a feeling he may have gone a very cold scooter ride while I was away at a RS Activity.  What a sweetheart.
 

My best friend sent me the game Qwirkle.  We were introduced to it at a New Years Day party and have been wanting it ever since.  We have already played it twice.  I think I may be an addict.


My parents sent me a wheat grinder.  I have been desperately missing my Mom's homemade wheat rolls.  Seth agrees that this present was as much for him as it was for me. 


Here is a picture of our first batch...


Thank you all for your birthday wishes!  I loved talking to family and friends on the big day. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

5 comments:

cpace said...

Your post made me feel a little guilty that I haven't busted out my wheat grinder in a while. How about you use yours double and make up for mine collecting dust.

Emily said...

Happy (late) birthday!!! My dad and I share a birthday too! Isn't it the best? Looks like you had a fun day! I love your red sign..super cute

Rachelle said...

Awww, I love your dad!! Our little Brynna has some serious Richards' genes - I often find myself looking down at her and seeing my dad, your dad, and even Bart in her face. Is that sad that my baby girl looks like the men of the family???

So glad you had a nice birthday - you deserve it!!!

J and T said...

That bread looks so yummy. What kind if wheat grinder did you get? I've been wanting one for a while, but haven't decided what kind to get. Happy bread making.

Suz said...

The grinder is a Blendtec, they are based out of Orem. So far I am very pleased.