Sunday, February 20, 2011

Atlanta: Part III

After a quick trip to the car to eat lunch we headed to the Georgia Aquarium.  We started off with a trip to the sting ray tank.  These guys love to be touched...they are super squishy too.




We also touched sea urchins, shrimp, star fish and many other sea creatures during our visit.  I was impressed with how hands on all of the exhibits were.  This is definitely the place to take kids in Atlanta.  We couldn't help but visit the play land.  Here is Seth coming down the whale slide.



All of Seth's dreams came true when he found yet another penny machine.




They had not one but two white alligators.


Seth got very close to the penguins.  These little guys were very friendly.


I had no idea there were sea dragons.


One of my favorite things was the huge tank with the tunnel.




Check out the huge guy behind me.




These garden eels really grossed me out.  Yes it just looks like weeds but those are eels that move up and down out of the dirt.


One of my favorite things was the seahorse exhibit. 


We even caught two giving each other a little smooch.




1 comment:

Emily said...

Such fun times! I miss going to the aquarium! Is the one in Salt Lake any good? I think it is fabulous that Seth is quite taken with those penny machines. Seriously, men don't truly ever grow up! I love it!!!