Spring Break was last week...it was heavenly...I don't think I have ever needed a break as much as I needed this one.
So here is a little breakdown of my activities...
Last year over Spring Break I met the Pioneer Woman...this year I decided I would become a little more like her and cooked a few yummy meals. You will notice the meals only go from Monday to Thursday...that is due to the large amount of leftovers that we need to finish off before next week. Saturday we had Seth's parents over for breakfast and fixed some yummy pancakes.
Monday: Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette. It wasn't a Pioneer Woman Recipe but it sure was yummy.
Tuesday: We bought a Kirkland Master Carve, applewood smoked, boned ham. We cooked it with a red current glaze and it was delicious.
Wednesday: Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce. Another Pioneer Woman find...this one reminded me of her tomato soup but on pasta. It was even better the second time we ate it.
Thursday: Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork. I often don't take people seriously when they say spicy...but this one is super spicy and another Pioneer Woman find. It made our house smell so good that the little girl next door asked why it always smells good around our apartment...and invited herself over for dinner sometime in the future.
Sunday: Lemon Blueberry Pancakes...seriously amazing.
So there is a little run down of the food...the rest of the break I spent time doing things I don't normally have time to do: cleaned fridge, cleaned oven top, got oil changed, got haircut, hung out with best friend, went to the temple with my mom, had lunch with Seth, etc. I also spent a lot of time sitting around and trying to take it easy and attempted to learn how to use the camera we got for Christmas. Below are a few shots I took over the break. First up is a little self-portrait or belly portrait. I can't get over looking down to see this... it is even stranger when it moves. It should freak me out but really it just makes me giggle.
We headed to Ultimate Frisbee on Thursday night. I sat on the sidelines and tried out my 55-200 lens.
The picture below is my favorite of Seth and Scott in action.
Overall it was a wonderful Spring Break. Now I just have to gear myself up for nine more weeks of school...and more importantly nine more weeks until our little one makes his appearance.
3 comments:
Nine Weeks! That's so soon! I am also inviting myself over for dinner in the future...
Lemon blueberry pancakes! We just made our regular old (from scratch, not from Bisquick - that's sacrilege in our family) batch of pancakes, but I made a few changes. I switched out half of the flour for oats, I zested in some orange zest, and I put frozen blueberries in each pancake right after spooning the batter onto the griddle. Then, we topped the pancakes off with orange syrup from your mom's apple syrup recipe. Remember when you were here and asked me if orange juice would work instead of the apple juice? Well, we tried it, and it was SO GOOD with the pancakes!!! Try it - your taste buds will thank you!
Your bump is adorable!
love the belly shot! I hope your little guys doesn't come early! Still nine weeks still seams like a long time!
Post a Comment