We also made chocolate purses also referred to as sweet wantons. You simply wrap a slice of banana up with a piece of chocolate and marshmallow in a wanton wrapper. We forgot the marshmallow wrapper but they still tasted delicious. We sprinkled powdered sugar on the top. A word to the wise...powdered sugar does not feel good when inhaled. I forget every time.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Fry Friday...The tradition continues
I thought I would update you on the state of Fry Friday.
Two weeks ago we fried french fries. We learned that the oil has to be really hot for french fries. Did I mention that we learned this after the first batch. In short...the first batch didn't cook quickly and had a good chance to just soak in all the oil. The second batch cooked up a little better...we still ate all the french fries.

We also made chocolate purses also referred to as sweet wantons. You simply wrap a slice of banana up with a piece of chocolate and marshmallow in a wanton wrapper. We forgot the marshmallow wrapper but they still tasted delicious. We sprinkled powdered sugar on the top. A word to the wise...powdered sugar does not feel good when inhaled. I forget every time.
Yesterday was our one month Anniversary and Fry Friday. We decided to make Navajo tacos. First we browned and seasoned the meat. Then we caramelized onions and mushrooms and added them to the meat.
We prepared all of our toppings which were colorful and for the most part healthy.
We had a scone mix that we mixed up, rolled out, and cut up.
Then the best part...we fried the scones.

Assembly of the final product came next...It tasted even better than it looks...yum.

We finished the night off by frying up some bananas. The batter had coconut milk in it. We found a new cookbook at Costco that has Asian recipes with photographed steps. We did learn that the bananas can't be fried in the basket. We had a few cook right to the basket. We also learned that you can't fry blackberries...it seemed like a good idea.
We also made chocolate purses also referred to as sweet wantons. You simply wrap a slice of banana up with a piece of chocolate and marshmallow in a wanton wrapper. We forgot the marshmallow wrapper but they still tasted delicious. We sprinkled powdered sugar on the top. A word to the wise...powdered sugar does not feel good when inhaled. I forget every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy 1 month anniversary!!! Sheesh, all that food looks divine! I forgot about navajo tacos . . . need to make those again soon!
I forgot your anniversary! Oh well, as long as I don't forget mine I'll be ok.
Love the pictures and hearing about your experiments. Looks like some really good grub.
Yum! You two should consider writing your own cookbook... good luck heading back to school!
I love the update, and all the pictures. You guys crack me up.
Hi, I'm Katie, a cousin of Seth's. I hear you're wonderful. You should make egg rolls in your deep fat fryer, not like there aren't a million things out there to fry.
Post a Comment