Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So Far Away...

Fry Friday took a temporary trip to Sunday this week. We were off playing games with some new friends on Friday so we postponed Fry Friday. This week we tried two new recipes: vegetable wantons and shrimp toasts. The vegetable wantons were spicy and crisp and tasted like mini egg rolls. The shrimp toast were excellent too, although the taste of the egg whites overpowered the shrimp slightly. We liked the shrimp so much that we may buy it in bulk on our next trip to Costco.


Speaking of Costco...the closest Costco is about 40 minutes away. We have planned to take a trip up to the "Big City" aka Greenville once a month to visit Costco. It will take a lot of planning to get everything we need to in just one trip. It is hard to imagine that in Salt Lake you could pass 4-5 Costco's in 40 minutes.

We drove to the Columbia temple a couple of weeks ago. It was almost a two and a half hour drive. I couldn't help but think of the 7-8 temples in Utah that you could pass in that amount of time. Columbia is one of the smaller temples. It has a very similar layout to the Monticello, Utah temple if you have ever been there. It makes me very grateful for the years that I lived in the light of the Salt Lake temple. Seth and I would often walk to the temple for temple night. There will be no walking to the temple now.

2 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

I hate even thinking of how many hours you are away from me!

Mary said...

Costco, the Kirkland Temple.

Why haven't I instituted Fry Friday yet in my house? And you are right. Tall handsome husbands are the best at taking care of us.