Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nashville, Tennessee

On July 26th we drove to Nashville, Tennessee. Which also happened to be the night that Paul McCartney played. We didn’t go to the concert. But we did go to the Old Grand Old Opry aka the Ryland. It was magical. Have you ever been a building and just felt the history there. This was how I felt in the Ryland. I felt like Johnny Cash would run out from behind a curtain at any moment or that June Carter Cash would come on stage to tell jokes. I would love to see a concert at the Ryland someday.

We stopped at the Belmont Mansion. We had considered going in but decided that admission was too much so we just looked around the outside.
Next we drove to the Parthenon. I had no idea before seeing The Lightning Thief movie that the Parthenon replica existed in Nashville. It was fun to explore it but I still want to see the real thing in Athens.
We continued with our Greek theme and stopped at the Athens Family Restaurant for lunch. Seth ordered one of the special combinations.

I ordered the lamb and bacon burger. It was the best burger I have ever had. I would drive back to Nashville just to get one.

We also ordered a traditional Greek pastry for dessert. It came out all warm and gooey. Yum.