Tuesday, August 10, 2010

South Carolina...Home Sweet Home

On July 31st we finally arrived in South Carolina. We drove by our apartment and picked up our keys. We ended up staying the night at a hotel. After church we came back to our empty apartment. We spent the night on the floor. The next day our trailer came. We had a little help from our new ward friends unloading it.

I stayed up entirely too late unpacking but we got almost everything unpacked that first night. I will post pictures of our place as it looks now soon but until then this is how our place looks empty.

A picture from our front door looking into our living room and kitchen.


A picture from our kitchen looking into our living room.

Guest bathroom
Master bedroom
We have been getting settled and have loved testing out our new kitchen appliances. Here I am preparing gourmet panini sandwiches on our panini maker.

Yum.
Here Seth is trying out his new deep fryer.

He made some yummy burritos. We have decided to make every Friday a "Fry" Friday. This Friday we will be making fries and wantons filled with chocolate and marshmallows.

Our Friend Mandi told us about Blue Bell ice cream before we moved out. Once we got here we spotted it and had to give it a try. We have tried blueberry cobbler so far and it is delicious.

We have even hung a few odds and ends up. Thank you Sarah and Joe for this beautiful sign. We have it above our kitchen table and think of you every time we sit down to eat.

I convinced Seth to let me buy a bread machine with some of our Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift cards. To be honest it wasn't hard to convince him. His mom makes yummy bread in a bread machine every time we visit. This was my second loaf a cinnamon raisin swirl.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Whoa!! How did you make cinnamon swirl bread in a bread machine??? Did it mix up the dough, and then you rolled it out and added the raisins?

I want to come visit you on a Fry-day. This baby is craving all kinds of unhealthy, fried foods!

cpace said...

Emily whispered in my ear at church. I really miss Sueboomagu. Your honeymoon looked so fun

Mary said...

JB was talking to you last night, then switched the phone line to talking to your mom and said, "So you are coming over?" Max and Benny heard and flipped out with excitement. "Suzie is coming over????"

We miss you but are very happy for your awesome adventures and cute new apartment. I love the pictures of all the greenery!