Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Snow Daze
We got a little snow out here in South Carolina. By little I mean 6-8 inches. It started to fall early Monday morning and didn't stop until later that night. I had heard a few people at school talk about this storm and how it could possibly result in school being canceled. You have to understand...they were saying this almost almost a week before the storm. I didn't think they could possibly be serious after all 6-8 inches in Utah is a pretty normal sized storm. So when I woke up Monday morning I checked the district website and sure enough school was canceled. Seth and I spent the day watching movies and being lazy. It was blissful.
The next morning I followed the same routine...checked the website and school was canceled again. By Tuesday afternoon I got a phone call that school would also be canceled on Wednesday. We also found out that the first day of classes at Clemson were canceled. So here we are...Wednesday afternoon and I have no idea if I will be working tomorrow. Seth just checked his email and classes won't start until after 11 am tomorrow...which means he will have no classes this week.
We ventured out into the snow today. There was 5-6 inches of snow on our car with ice on top of that. Most of the major roads were clear...but the side roads were quite icy. We are literally waiting for the snow to melt and with freezing temps it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. When it does melt...it just freezes into ice over night. In my four years working in Utah we never took one snow day...now here I am at the end of my third consecutive snow day...such is life in the South.
We made homemade chicken noodle soup on Sunday night to help keep us warm. My first attempt at homemade noodles...not to shabby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you got a few extra days of R&R - crazy that a little snow can cancel things for so long! I guess they just don't have enough plows to get to all the side streets???
Ooooohhh, that looks delish!
So nice! Someimes I wish we could have snow days, but that would mean craziness out here! I love that chicken soup! So good of you to make that soup...we gotta keep our Robertson men happy! Makes me happy too...so yummy!
MMMM, that soup looks very tasty.
Post a Comment