We drove a few blocks over to the city park where the ice castle currently stands. Since it was a holiday it was fairly busy and we had to wait for about an half an hour in line before we could make it in. We were entertained by the fire throwers while we waited in line and loved when they brought their torches over for us to warm our hands.
Some of us were more entertained than others...
Our first stop in the ice castle was in the ice caves. It was a little unnerving to walk under the huge ice stalactites. We were able to make our way out of the caves and to the main part of the castle where we captured this picture below. The lights are frozen right into the ice and changed colors consistently. It was at about this time that we encountered a group of teenagers playing some songs from the movie Frozen on their phones and singing out loud.
We also enjoyed the ice slot canyon although with Phin strapped to our chest and holding all of his gear we were unable to go through some of the narrowest parts of the canyon.
We had a great time and would recommend a visit to any of you who have not visited before.
2 comments:
Wow, that's really cool! I've never heard of the Ice Castles before, and I have an aunt (Shauna) who lives up there! Tarahumara, huh? Have you read Born to Run yet? I want to know why the restaurant was named for a reclusive Mexican tribe . . .
I am so jealous. I have wanted to go to the ice castles so bad!
Post a Comment