We visited Zoo Lights at the Hogle Zoo the Thursday after Christmas. Mary, Max, Benny and Andrew also visited with us. We got there about a half hour before they opened...which meant we had to wait out in the cold...but also meant that we got some good parking spots...and based on the line to get in when we left, it was much better to get there early.
The zoo looked very different from the last time I had visited. I remember most of the enclosures didn't look as natural as they do now. A lot of animals were asleep for the night...but the Tiger put on quite a show. The tiger's enclosure had a little bridge that went over our heads. In the dark it was hard to see the netting that kept him enclosed. As we walked up to his exhibit he was pacing and making loud noises. He walked up on the bridge and I was afraid for a moment he was going to jump down onto us.
But I think Phin was most fascinated with the bats...look at his eyes.
We had him all bundled up again...he really couldn't put his arms down and ended up falling asleep just like this.
The lights were spectacular. Most of them were animated which was fun. My favorite was the poinsettia arch pictured behind us here.
1 comment:
I'm so glad we went! Next year I'll try bringing James along all bundled, too.
Post a Comment