Santa came to our house a few weeks early this year...Phin got his Jumparoo...
...and our family got a new TV. We had to move our old TV out of Phin's room and it didn't fit into our armoire so we figured it was time for an upgrade.
Christmas Eve was spent with my side of the family. We went to the traditional neighborhood sing-a-long and then had pizza at my parents' house. We had a great time teaching our nieces and nephews how to play pool. Then the grandchildren opened a gift from my parents...new pajamas. We had them all put them on and snapped their picture.
Christmas morning was spent at our apartment. Phin slept in so we didn't get going until almost 9...it was heavenly. Here is a picture of Phin with all of our loot.
Phin needed a little help opening his presents.
It is a tradition in Seth's family for each family member to get a new Christmas ornament...I was indecisive so Phin ended up with a few. The first was this Hallmark baby rattle.
The second which is my favorite was ordered from Shutterfly with all of Phin's birth information and some of our favorite newborn photos.
I had grand visions of Phin fitting in his Christmas stocking...our Christmas stockings are pretty big...but he didn't quite fit...so here is Phin with his Merman tail.
Seth got the new Pioneer Woman cookbook for me. Then he made me breakfast from the cookbook. Eggs in Hash Brown nests...or birds nests as I like to call them. They were delicious.
While he made those I made Skewers of Glory for our family get together later that afternoon....think shrimp and pineapple wrapped in bacon on a skewer and covered with teriyaki sauce....yum. Once we pulled them out of the oven, we headed over to Beth and Philip's for an appetizer party.
Phin got some great hugs from his Aunt Emily. She even let him take a super long nap on him. We had a great time eating, playing games and hanging out.
A couple of days later I finally had time to dress Phin up and get a few photos. I was trying to make him look like the Elf on the Shelf. I had plans to pose him all around the house like the photos I have seen from friends on facebook...but I ran out of energy. So here is a photo of our little Elf in front of the tree.
...and my one shot of being creative...a snowball (aka marshmallow).
We hope you all had a Merry Christmas. We have loved getting Christmas cards from so many of you!


2 comments:
The mermaid tail!!
He's such a happy baby. Merry first Christmas.
I love him dressed up as an elf, very cute!
Post a Comment